DSB improvement tasklist and more

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Ssseth

Re: DSB improvement tasklist and more

Post by Ssseth »

There should be some sort of rule of max veterans per team. Although didn't we try that in the past as well when league was starting to dwindle? Man, I will never forget 12 vs 12 in its heyday. Or pub with over 100 players at a time. The good old days for sure.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Super Duper

Post by Super Duper »

Ssseth wrote:There should be some sort of rule of max veterans per team. Although didn't we try that in the past as well when league was starting to dwindle? Man, I will never forget 12 vs 12 in its heyday. Or pub with over 100 players at a time. The good old days for sure.
Yes that's what I suggested.. ;)

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Just telling not a single will have learnt anything in 3 months. They will stare at the kills and deaths, so if you so desperately want to host something, host TCL or something similar.

Also the "vets" we talk about are at most average players and as soon as kemi or tinkles or whoever enters the zone, these "vets" will be murdered just as easily as the newbies.

Do not limit the number of anything... If there becomes one good squad, at least they will blame the players in it instead of the zone staff. If you create rules and one squad becomes superior, as always, they will blame you.

Besides, even if there was a stacked squad, it would give the newbies something to fight for, a goal. Remember how everyone wanted to get into Lego, danger, moni, rh, Grail? I do.

You can host something, you can host a league if you like but do not even consider hosting half a ds league with real DSB gameplay with flagging, bells, etc. no one will have a clue in 3 months. Let them train in the prac arena, and please start some sort of a ladder there.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Protection was so 1337 those first few seasons. The memories.

Point(s) taken though. I'd get murdered by newbies as well. I never was that good, never mind with over a decade of rust.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

wo

Post by wo »

imo what dsb, and ss, really needs is a new high scores website like the old one. I dunno about you guys but that was what kept my interest in the game when I first started. it's something arcade type games needs. I didn't even get into league almost a year later.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

I did ratio whore for awhile back in the day with Zombie to get some amazing high scores for the leaderboard. I don't recall the exact ratio but over 500-0 for sure. So lame, but I remember it for sure.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Yea, I remember Zombie getting like 297-0 in the same ship, no specials reset or anything.

When it comes to ratio, I think I had around 1500-0 once, but I've seen someone beat it.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Just for the record, at the moment 96 people in DSB EDIT: OVER 100 PLAYERS!! 40 players playing public and there seems to be a north prac starting too! Only 200 players in TW! :shock: :o

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

OMG! That is AWESOME!!!

Where is the link to download the client (without steam)?

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »