DsbPub Project.

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Ssseth

Re: DsbPub Project.

Post by Ssseth »

Heyoooooooooo! :lol:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

the_real_the_snake

Post by the_real_the_snake »

I'm willing to run this with delic, as long as im not remembered as the one who killed dsb in 2014/2015 :/

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Don't work sniek. It's dead already.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Cedian

Post by Cedian »

Hi guys, was online last evening for long time and wanted to put my input here also.

First of all was very much fun to play dsb and see friendly names still there.

I Hope this post is not in wrong place.

Things that might help to get more people on pub. One powerful might be that should advertise to people who knows dsb and have experienced game.

Looked later last night some old names in dsb league boards but cant see emails, those might work still and maybe one short mail to old retired players from friend or some very known player might help. I know this is longshot but might work. Altho told yesterday to GuardianAngel to come and we played in Pub sometime then with others. It just takes 2 to start people gathering in, maybe even one (it was me last evening) :D

- Cedian

..once Archangel, heart never forget..

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

We have sent at least two emails more or less to everyone who has played league. That brought back a handful of players; Facebook
also brought back the same amount. One should not look at past to solve a future problem - unfortunately the future of the zone does
not lie in the hands of retired players; meaning it is quite irrelevant whether 50 oldies stop by for a month or two and disappear again.

Cedian

Post by Cedian »

I think You are totally wrong when saying to not look past to solve a future problem. We just have to see right things in past, good or bad and use it proper way in future =)

What I can say in my point of view (old player, forgotten skills, in mind active pub when was playing)

Looks like people want to have pracs, not prac in pub. Causes to lock number of people in prac and very skilled players together will easily kick oldie-/newbieass. Not that I care is someone whoops my ass, its just fun.

Kinda thinking why people not practicing in pub when all people can join and partys are bigger soon if this thing goes on. There is much potential -> if You have gotten 50 oldies to come see game but not staying longer, reason might be in pub_game then. Maybe too many littleparties/praczones in there and then no enough/none players in pub.

Its kinda pub that carries all up and newcomers need to see action without too much banging in head (in prac with very skilled that is banging?) :D

My two cents =)

..Cedian

..once Archangel, heart never forget..

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I totally agree with that. However, the zone developed to such state that pub is not rewarding for any of the even mildly skilled
players these days, which is why only a pub with a purpose would actually make a difference.

Quyani

Post by Quyani »

Hello folks. Getting new players to a dead game won't ever work. You'll need the oldies back before you get the new players. Besides, old players were the ones keeping dsb alive for ages and the only reason other player such as myself visited from time to time.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Olla!

edthesock

Post by edthesock »

port-to-linux.