Steam launch approaching!

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

Re: Steam launch approaching!

Post by Beer Hunter »

Steam launch info through e-mail will be sent today or tomorrow - all the activity we currently have is because of Facebook and players simply informing each other - which in my theory works a lot better than the e-mail will. However we shall try that too - the e-mail will be brief just informing that the Steam launch is about to happen and we're still here - expecting players to show up and join the fun for one last push to revive our dear DeathStarBattle.

Ponte

Post by Ponte »

Even a simple wordpress website would look better than the current one imo.. Unfortenetly I do not have the skills to make one. I think beer hunter is correct though, The most important thing is to have the server populated, however, if we truly want DSB to be revived, all the things around that affects the zone cannot be pushed for later.. Like simple marketing, the first days when the game is released the flood of people will probably be at its highest and thus, if another zone, lets say trench wars :x have the same amount of players on the server, but do have a neat homepage with all the essential stuff, a nice community and such, where would the people go? Probably towards the zone that looks the most healthy and proffessional.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Indeed, and it's been like this for years and years

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

It is what it is. Even if we get a slight active population that would be a miracle.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

wo

Post by wo »

agreed with ponte. hell it would even be way better if dsb.com went straight to the forums instead of the current page.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

FYI; first part of the mass e-mails done, 500 e-mail adresses just received this, however some of them not in use anymore. Currently my e-mail is blocked for 24 hours because I'm such a spammer so the next roughly 350 people will get their e-mails tomorrow.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Sweet. Anyone reply? I'm surprised more folks haven't dropped by here. You don't need to install SS to come to the forums.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Well in game we just saw two "old" players returning in the first 30 minutes after the e-mail. Forums are not for everybody, it has always been that majority of players do not feel the need to post anything here for one reason or another.

Edit. Make that 3 "old" faces.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

There is a problem with emails sent from your own email address. Most recipients' email providers treat that as spam and the message ends up in junk. You should use a newsletter service or similar that send each email individually.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Suggestions for such services? So far some seem to have read it anyway so I don't see this as a huge problem but can always improve in the future.