Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

CyberSee

Re: Steam launch approaching!

Post by CyberSee »

Send it to TotalBiscuit to review!

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

About our website: basically somebody needs to go through all the databases connected from our bots to the website because the bots no longer seems to be sending data to the website. Also wouldn't be a bad idea if somebody wanted to make visually more appealing website to us - somehow the current one is too dark and sends messages of great depression instead of pleasurable playing experience. Lots of things can be improved if we just find a person willing to get this or that done - contact us if you are that person. ;)

the_real_the_snake

Post by the_real_the_snake »

where is fly swatter to do everything?

what about the ASSS move ?

how disconnected are you from the community beerh? everyone knew its about to be launched about 3-4 months ago. you should have started preparations back then . :/

Lame bomber

Post by Lame bomber »

Veto power to the_snake. Please snake save dsb at its last opportunity

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

There has been no one steering the ship for well over a year. If anyone can save us, go for it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

The greatest issue with certain people is that they do what they feel like needs doing instead of what is obviously not working. Not to mention it's also quite a bit of work for one person to do - which is why refusing to take such a task is understandable. That's why I'm kindly pointing out that if somebody is willing to actually do something what needs fixing, reveal yourself. Basically the only thing we need right now is to get people to play on the launch date and then do the repairs more or less in the background - that is - once again - if somebody is out there who wants to do it. I'll release some sort of soft timetable for the launch date and for that whole weekend soon so you all have some sort of idea what we're offering - mostly easy events to suit the new players and we're hoping that the old players will guide these new guys around as much as possible - with our assistance of course.

Lame bomber

Post by Lame bomber »

I can only help in game. I have 0 experience programming and websites. I don't understand how it works and don't care for the head ache to learn. But I feel if we can get a good website goin that's up to date is a good start. Maybe ask the other zones to help if steam is actually working?

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

I've actually requested help but the resources out there in other zones are pretty much already working on full capacity towards the Steam launch. Programmers we really need - staff we could have - therefore if your intentions really are towards helping the zone - come online and we'll train you.

Mr. Tinkles

Post by Mr. Tinkles »

Uhhh message me in game if you need help from me, I'm retarded, also hi everyone, I'll try to be there July 3rd.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

BH, did we email out to folks like we talked about earlier? Or is the activity here just from other areas that heard about the Steam launch?

Anyway. Overall I say, let's not get into blame game type scenarios. What's done is done. I agree that what is needed now is people to help do things.

I'm not a coder type either so I don't think I can be much help on that front. I am used to helping coordinate things, so perhaps I could be of help in that area?

Anyway, it's really neat to see some old names back on here for sure.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein