Server currently down!

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

Server currently down!

Post by Beer Hunter »

Hello there!

Apparently, there has been some issues with the whole SSC network, which has caused nearly all the zones to appear offline for most of the players. The information I have suggests large network attack towards the game but obviously investigations are still on going. However, we're not gone and will be back as soon as everything works properly!

PS. If there are problems or if the SSC network is not working properly on Sunday, the BABL games will be postponed to next weekend.

-Beer Hunter

Eridu

Re: Server currently down!

Post by Eridu »

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

BABL games for tomorrow are postponed to next weekend. It's going to take a day or two until everything is up and running. Obviously when the servers get started again, some lag or short term issues can still happen until everything stabilises.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Crazy. Did they figure out who did it?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

They are figuring it out, it's some unsatisfied person who has obviously been mistreated. :lol:

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

The internet equivalent of going postal. At least no one got hurt :/
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

From the sources that I have, we might be getting our server back online by Friday or at latest by Saturday. I'll post more concrete info as I receive any. Things might be slow and laggy, not to mention access to billing server could be tricky at first, but we will recover.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

BABL games for April 13th cancelled, still no updates when exactly we will get the connection back, it's all up to the hosting company now it seems. Lets not forget that this attack was heavy one and possibly affected a lot of other services, not just Continuum game servers. :|

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Crazy, DSB is STILL down? Is this the end?... :/

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

It's not the end, TW is down too. :mrgreen:

On more serious level, obviously this will have big impact on the activity of every zone which has been down as long as they have. Two weeks of down time is bad, very bad for the occasional players who want to login to enjoy the game - now they can't do that and once they've been trying for a few days they'll probably just ditch the game.

Obviously the dedicated ones who've been here for years will come back but it will take time to recover to the level we were or any of the zones were before they went down. We will work hard to recover as soon as we can get our server up - at the moment the problem might be at the providers end, they were not prepared for so big attack and now not that willing to establish our connections before some preparations have been done to prevent future attacks or at least be more prepared for them. The information flows in slowly so I'll say more when I know something concrete. We're looking at all the options to decide how to get DSB back online ASAP.

Stay strong! :geek: