SS has been greenlit on Steam!

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Tembest

Re: Greenlight SS on Steam!

Post by Tembest »

Where the hell did the "nighwish" come from? Auto correct I guess :)

Anyway, beer is correct. The only way to have a chance is to believe that people will come to DSb. Everything needs to be ready. I can assure that they will leave the zone immediately if it is at the current state of it... TW is in terms of bots, events, arenas so superior at the moment.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Too bad. The original reason I came to DSB was, in part, the Star Wars theme.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Haha I didn't know DSB had anything to do with Star Wars until approx 5 years ago.

I started playing DSB because it seemed more difficult than most of the other zones.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Basically we can't even probably use the Star Wars related material in our zone once we go to Steam because all that stuff is copyrighted to Lucasarts / Disney (mostly the latter one). Anyway I'm not an expert but just assuming that we need to sort of break free from this SW stuff in a way - obviously preserve the settings and the map but for other material we need to take a close look.

Anyway this is all just dreaming, unless we find one or two very dedicated coders to fiddle with our systems we're not ready for anything other than more of the same we've been going through for months now.

Currently I'm even leaning towards an option that I'd give server access or source codes of our bots to some dedicated coders from other zones and they could use/fix them freely. Obviously this means they could use them for their own purposes but that might allow us to get something in return. The only option here is to ask for help from others and I'm currently attempting to do so actually.

We're having a Steam meeting with other sysops from other zones sometime during this week - I'll let you know if anything crucial happens there and probably some sort of memo will float around in other forums too.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Good luck. The overal survival of SubSpace should be the #1 priority for sure. Even if that means some sacrifices.

Let's face it, we were dead anyway. If we can do anything to extend the legacy I'm all for it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Just give access and let's see what happens. I wonder why this was not done years ago.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Yeah I'll do what I must and what I can. A lot of variables to figure out tho :roll:

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Detector wrote:SS wont make Steam, because it's not worth peoples time anymore it seems.

Beer Hunter

Re: SS has been greenlit on Steam!

Post by Beer Hunter »

Now because Steam has been greenlit, I expect to see Detector fighting for the number 1 position in flagrace again. Also I wish to see him practising and playing duel tournaments which we will most likely be arranging at some point.

Ssseth

Re: SS has been greenlit on Steam!

Post by Ssseth »

Any ETA when it will be up?

Since we are already getting some work done on SS, can we have it ported to HoloLens? :P

http://youtu.be/aThCr0PsyuA