SS has been greenlit on Steam!

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Detector

Re: Greenlight SS on Steam!

Post by Detector »

Yep, SS will never make Steam most likely no.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Too bad, it would have really helped us out!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Continuum has been accepted to Steam. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =144913037 :shock:

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

It looks like that was some time ago? I can't read the top part since it's not in English.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Well it was greenlit like 7 days ago (from today), not that old thing actually.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Oh okay cool. My mistake then. That is awesome! Any increase in player activity yet?

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Biggest jump comes whenever the client is actually added to Steam. At the moment there's some stuff to do with the client software before they are able to move forward. They need to figure out some ownership issues or possibly release new client which would be awesome tbh so we could get some bug fixes and stuff.

On DSB level we need to be ready whenever the client is added to Steam, lots of potential players will come online frequently and we need to be ready for that. I know in reality this most likely is impossible but it would be nice to get some of our bots working properly so we could run events smoothly and stuff like that to entertain the players.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Cool!

I've heard there are a ton of people on the Facebook group. We could call out to players that way. Arrange to have folks come online en mass when the client is released. It's a shot in the dark but who knows...

I don't know how feasible it is, but could DSB join forces with another more popular zone as a map or something so we can have more players?

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Finally DSB Nightwish have a chance again if enough newbies came. Now that we are "dead" the newcomers might have a shot.

But let's see, the game is in fact 20 years old :)

Besides, TW is the newbie-friendly zone so likely vast majority will end up there.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Indeed, most of the players will most likely end up playing TW but the more prepared we are the more we could gain. After all this Steam effort is meant to save every zone - not just benefit the biggest.

Seth you mean DSB as an arena in TW? That'd mean we lose more than gain so it's not likely to happen. However we can and will get help for some things if required - the problem is that at our end there's nobody who could work with the files or data we can get.