-OLD THREAD- 2014 Summer Elimination League

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Eridu

-OLD THREAD- 2014 Summer Elimination League

Post by Eridu »

For the summer we'll be doing an individual event on Sundays, it will be a Summer Elimination League @ 19GMT/2pm EST. It will run for 10 weeks starting July 7. Registration is not required for participation. Only 6 or 7 of the scores will be used (leaning toward 6). This will give people who can't make it every Sunday a chance to win. Players who can show more often will have the opportunity to eliminate some of their lower scores. Players will get 15 deaths before they are eliminated. The winner will not be determined by who is the last player alive.
Instead, players will receive 3 points per kill and 1 point per death. Additionally, the last player alive will receive 5 points, 2nd to last player alive will receive 3 points, 3rd to last player alive will receive 2 points and everyone else will receive 1 participation point. The Map will change, how often and how many different ones is still to be decided.

Accepting map suggestions.

Tembest

Re: Summer Elimination League

Post by Tembest »

1 point for each death??? Are you kidding me? Are you seriously telling me 20-15 should beat 20-3 record? At least you can count me out...

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

I love you guys.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

wo

Post by wo »

i play dsb for the classic dsb gameplay. why cant we do a east league or sumthin

unclouded

Post by unclouded »

Tembest wrote:1 point for each death??? Are you kidding me? Are you seriously telling me 20-15 should beat 20-3 record? At least you can count me out...
It's to discourage people from only engaging in combat when odds are in their favor. You know like just keep dodging and shooting from afar untill you're one of the last people left - should that person really get more points than the one that was in the middle of all fights? It's hard to say really, each person will have their own opinion on this matter.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

unclouded wrote:
Tembest wrote:1 point for each death??? Are you kidding me? Are you seriously telling me 20-15 should beat 20-3 record? At least you can count me out...
It's to discourage people from only engaging in combat when odds are in their favor. You know like just keep dodging and shooting from afar untill you're one of the last people left - should that person really get more points than the one that was in the middle of all fights? It's hard to say really, each person will have their own opinion on this matter.
First of all, this thread is a million years old.

The rules said that most kills wins, not the last team. If you're hiding and shooting from far away, you most certainly will not get half the kills someone active will. The 1 point per death is horrible because it encourages to play "suicide game", which is extremely easy in DSB due to specials.

unclouded

Post by unclouded »

Sorry, didnt notice the thread got necroed

edit: calling 1 year a million years is kind of an exaggeration though :p

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Sorry I'm bad with numbers

wo

Post by wo »

lold i didnt even notice the date. glad this is from 2014 though, i wouldnt have played.

predator

Post by predator »

lock this or edit the title to correct year