New league coming up!

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

New league coming up!

Post by Beer Hunter »

Hello DSBers!

At first we were supposedly doing a BABL league but after all we're doing Sector League so please come to DSB and ?go tutorial there's a bot (DSB-DB-BOT) which will take your registration or accept your squad into league. Roster limit for the league will be 12 including the captain - why so low you may ask but this league requires only 3-4 players to be online at once and we're trying to get as many squads established as possible.

The league will begin with Pre-League round on 16th August and the league itself will run for approximately 5-10 weekends, basically the idea is that every squad will play each other in every 4 sectors before we move to play-offs. The exact format for the league will be up in couple days.

That's all for now!

-Beer Hunter

Ssseth

Re: New league coming up!

Post by Ssseth »

Awesome. Glad to hear!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

unclouded

Post by unclouded »

coolio 8-)

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Updated a bit - more updates coming later, so far we have 4 squads registered for the league: Left0vers, War Pigs, LEGO and Everglaze.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Interesting. I thought band was registering :/
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Bandidos has no active leadership, that's why the amount of squads is low and why they are not registered yet (I'll contact some people tho and see what their interest is to run the squad). There's plenty of people around or were around but it's really time consuming to keep those people together and aim towards success. Only the strongest groups of friends stay together without active leaders and there are not that many left it seems. 2 out of 4 of those squads are ran by staff(er) - just because we really want this league to be a success and if I had time I'd run a squad too but I know it would not work out because it needs daily work to keep the squad up.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Well thanks to all of you who are trying to keep the dream alive!

For me it is not a matter of not enjoying DSB and just wanting to play something else, I just don't play any games at all. Very rare anyway, life pulls me away all too often.

unclouded

Post by unclouded »

Ssseth wrote:Well thanks to all of you who are trying to keep the dream alive!

For me it is not a matter of not enjoying DSB and just wanting to play something else, I just don't play any games at all. Very rare anyway, life pulls me away all too often.
Goddamned lives =/

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

unclouded wrote:
Ssseth wrote:Well thanks to all of you who are trying to keep the dream alive!

Goddamned lives =/
Ya I don't think the fact I quit around 13 years ago and the fact I got married 13 years ago are a coincidence :/

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Start date updated, we're postponing the start by 2 weeks due to low amount of signups. I'll be sending a little wake up call via e-mail to players tonight about the league and other things. Also a 12 vs 12, World vs World game will be hosted on Friday and Sunday evening at 20:00GMT so be there everybody!