Summer Duel Tournament starts on June 25th

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Ssseth

Re: Summer Duel Tournament starts on June 25th

Post by Ssseth »

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Detector

Post by Detector »

I'm saying that what really made me quit this game is that there is no more future in this game, except Trench Wars. If there was a DSBL created or BABL in DSB, then it would have the same ending it has had from previous leagues in here, either none shows up in the matches that really matters or then the other team wins by forfeit because that other team needed one or two more players to play that match. What's so funny here is that some still think they can keep DSB and DSBL coming back alive.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

This league has obviously ended by now. We had about 12 players who played more or less frequently during the summer. Some showed for every game and some only for one or two. In total we played about 6 games, like 10 were scheduled.

I will post the final scores here during the next two weeks but basically I am reluctant to do so because I think I won the tournament. Anyways it was a close combat between me and Gentleman who fought bravely and would have won the whole thing if he did not accidentally miss couple of the tournaments by lagging out when the bot was started.

If there's enough interest, I could fire up another Duel Tournament with similar schedule and scoring for the winter. This would obviously be a lot longer tournament, starting at the beginning of October and ending around February (thoughts?). Plenty of time for many different players to gather scores and get good position towards final scoring, just by showing up you gain points, do not forget that.

Anyways, thanks for everybody who showed up and participated this tournament, with our activity being what it is, this might have been our very last league like tournament. Big thanks to Eridu for helping with hosting when I couldn't be there due to IRL commitments.

Detector

Post by Detector »

Any more Leagues coming up this year or next? Or is it all over now forever?

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Judging from the complete lack of communication it is fair to say we are officially done with leagues.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Basically I can arrange something if players want to play, however it seems that our population is far too low for anything except 1 vs 1 kind of tournaments. Saying I can arrange means I can start it and host it on some occasions, however due to my commitments to different kind of projects IRL I am far too busy to be there always. If we can find second host to help, perhaps this would run smoothly.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

At this stage perhaps it would be better to call it quits, and allow Shayne a chance to move on with his life.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Lol already have a long time ago my friends. I'm just more stubborn than everyone else.

How do you know my name though?... Troll alert!!! ;)

Tembest = Hoch!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I know nothing. I am no one.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

http://dsb3.league.nu/viewplayer.asp?lid=1&pid=603

This is not how I know your name but it does remove your right to act surprised.