LEGO wins the BABL

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

LEGO wins the BABL

Post by Beer Hunter »

Hey DSBers!

LEGO and Red Hawks were supposed to face in the finals, however Red Hawks showed up with only 2 players while LEGO had 3. Red Hawks requested for a fair 2 vs 2 game which LEGO did not agree to. Therefore LEGO won the championship by forfeit. Congratulations to LEGO.

Thanks to everybody for participating the BABL - it will be back after summer and we have some summer action coming!

Detector

Re: LEGO wins the BABL

Post by Detector »

Only me and Beer Hunter showed up, thanks to the rest of RH on the roster! You really messed up one BABL for me now :). When we started with 2 vs 2, a 3rd LEGO came in to interrupt the match right away and helping them. Next time play fair LEGO.

However I have no interest to SS again, especially after an league just like the BABL finals.

Back to something else on my mind: if a bot had counted who all got the most kills in Public of all-time in DSB i'm sure i would be on the top 5 list, since i had played it from the beginning of the year 2000 to the end of last sunday. That could be quite many kills, it's sad everything kept changing in new statistic websites and tracking reseted and was stopped - also I don't know if those pub stats ever were saved to this day somewhere.

It seems like people just got too careless and decided to forget about SS because it's soon a 20 years old game and there won't be a new next generation of players because the game is so old now and people understand that, in other words: many doesn't care about an old game that look like the game Asteroids. I really enjoyed playing DSB back in the days - even in the library as an 13-14 year old, simply because it was the best game around at that time in the early years of 2000's. Could say there was these things in-game that made me happy and things that made me disapointed. Playing new bounty records in public was a nice moment back then when there was no bot to record sprees and you kept count of your kills everytime you wanted to scorereset and begin bounty hunting from 0 kills and 0 deaths. It was always nice to meet old to new SS players all the way to the end of the active time of active players in DSB. I'm not looking forward anymore for new DSB Leagues - simply because the players I once knew has now vanished from DSB a long time ago - this means those most of my closest SS friends in DSB history. It was fun playing DSB back then, but not anymore. Let's see if SS will make it to Steam, that would be exciting wouldn't it? Also to welcome a new generation of players to DSB - but let's not forget all those veterans (oldies) that made DSB possible and continued the lifespan of DSB from the past 14 years from year 1998.

Congratulations to LEGO for winning the DSB's BABL in a funny and easy finals match - which could have been the last League ever to be played in our zone of DSB.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Shitty way to lose or even to win.

Congrats anyway I suppose :/
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Detector

Post by Detector »

Very shitty ways indeed, Ssseth.