Double squadding for squad captains?

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

Double squadding for squad captains?

Post by Beer Hunter »

Hey there DSBers!

I've been thinking of a new addition to the rules for the next leagues, this new rule would allow double squadding. However, read carefully: only the squad captains would be allowed to double squad and only if they've created a squad which consists of new players.

Example: Player from Red Hawks wishes to create a new squad to boost activity and gather some new players from other zones or from public to play league, he'd train them and play with them in games, however he'd still be allowed to play with Red Hawks as well, as he has contributed his time to boost activity and train new players for league.

Also, the co-cap of the squad can use similar freedom of double squadding. However, no more than 2 experienced players per "rookie squad". Obviously all the players would be checked carefully to ensure the squad is fully a newbie squad.

Why? Perhaps passing some knowledge to newer players is a good idea towards the future and maybe, just maybe there are some players in the current top squads who might want to run their own squad but will not do that because they could not play on competitive level anymore.

What does the community think - worth a shot or not?

Ssseth

Re: Double squadding for squad captains?

Post by Ssseth »

Interesting idea but what happens if the squads play each other?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Definitely worth a shot. It's like bringing back the cadet squads.
I mean in addition you could label the "newbie" squad under another squad's name as sort of their cadet squad.
Squad captains could "promote" newbies to the real squad when they see reason for that. However, veterans cannot be transferred to
newbie squads from the main squad.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

+1 like, +1 rep, +1 thumbs up?

Oh forgot no one updated these forums..

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Ssseth wrote:Interesting idea but what happens if the squads play each other?
Then the double squadders can decide which team they play for. Obviously they SHOULD pick the one with lower show up and ensure the game is played. Basically this kind of situation would happen few times during one league, not major loss for anybody even if they played with their rookie squad on both occasions - it's all up to them.

kemi

Post by kemi »

Cadets ftw :)

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Alright, according to these replies, the idea seems good. Any downsides or problems what should be discussed or solved? Keep giving your thoughts!

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Well, as I proposed it should be considered a cadet squad of another.
Only the captain can play for both squads. The captain can promote a cadet whenever he feels so. However, no player can be demoted
from the main squad. Not much else I can think of right now.

Detector

Post by Detector »

Things are getting desperate here.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

In my mind, one person to lead a squad is not enough, therefore I stick to my original proposal of 2 pilots making the cap&co-cap duo for the rookie squad they make. Obviously the main focus for the captain duo is to get players, support and train them - be like some sort of daddy figures for them and pass the knowledge to younger pilots, support their way into the big world of our leagues. If some squads wish to use this as an opportunity to make a cadet squad, why not, however I think at this point we'll allow any new squads who meet the requirements.

Obviously any foul play in this system will be dealt harshly, such as setting up games or double squadding of more than 2 pilots.

I'm looking forward to having this system ready to go for the next league which will begin during January or early February - start planning it out, I've already heard couple people showing interest but could be nice to have more.