lol why is Eridu staff?

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

falconeer

Re: lol why is Eridu staff?

Post by falconeer »

Plus I didn't title this thread, so again your accusations that I try to get staff fired is a bit out there. Whoever got removed from staff from their dealings with me, have only themselves to blame.

The only reason I post my views is to show people what is happening in DSB.

What I expect from this, more bans most likely. What I would hope from this? That staff at least warns people before 9000 hour gags or 30 day bans. That for something to constitute as harassment, someone actually has to tell you to stop first, otherwise how can I know my text is going to far. For me it's not far at all, and since it's not racism "a lame your mom joke" is within the rules. I didn't ask you to ban eridu, or fire him, I just think he should be a bit more responsible with his powers. Its IN YOUR OWN BEST interests to state why you gag and ban players, because randomly it makes you look like retards.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Honestly to compare staff in a video game, a really old and small one at that, of being held to the same standard as police or military is a bit ludicrous.

Life isn't fair, get used to it. Over my career I've worked with a lot of good managers and a bunch of tyrant power tripping assholes. Sometimes you can do something about it, but often you have to suck it up and do the best you can. That or move on to another company.

Hell, even a lot of police have rampant corruption in them. Watch Low Winter Sun. A homocide cop that is investigating the murder of someone he killed. Irony at its best.

Anyway, not validating what did or didn't happen. Sometimes a dose of reality is in order. Just because you think you are right and even if you are, sometimes it just doesn't matter. Especially if you are a dick about it. :lol:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

You don't get it. One day you will ban the wrong person, and they will take down DSBs server daily.

What would they tell you after? Life is not fair, deal with it?

For example I know someone who has that type of knowledge, and is just as outspoken as me. In fact I have a hard time talking to him sometimes.
If he entered DSB said something wrong and got banned. DSB would be in a whole mess of trouble.
The only reason this won't happen in this particular case, is because he uses Linux, and stopped taking out game servers when he was 14. He's progressed greatly from there since then.

I guess when you have power people are fair towards you, and when you don't they walk all over you.
That's fine, I will get "power." Such things are only a matter of time.

Except with power, I'll be a better example of what fair is, than you guys are. Because for one I actually like DSB. Two I would only need power to stop myself from getting walked all over on by you guys. Otherwise I don't care for it. My only interest is bringing DSB back to a full population again. In which case we should ALL have that 1 thing in common, but I'm not so sure when you ban people for ridiculous amounts of time, because of text, and when I do more dev work in a week than you guys did in 2 years.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

P.S i know all about bad bosses, whenever i had a bad boss l told them off, i really don't care if they are my boss, if they do something wrong they'll hear it. Why? Because there lines people don't cross, and I don't let them walk all over those boundaries. They usually can't fire me because I don't swear and punch walls when i tell them off, and I'm 100x a better worker than anyone else. They have more to lose by firing me. Otherwise i just quit or get fired (fired never happened). I don't need a headache, or a shit job, or shit pay.

P.S.S Yeah I know police are corrupt, i've had experience though was never arrested. I've also seen many youtube videos. None of that means we need to be shit people online. We can make a better system here than whats out there in the real world. All it takes is acknowledging whats wrong and fixing it. Something DSB has had a problem doing for a long time. I am all for enforcing rules, having rules, I really wouldn't mind getting gagged or banned if I did break a rule, or was told to stop doing something, and didn't stop. Take Hyperspace for example, there rules basically say that the owner of the zone can ban you for whatever they want, and to listen to staff. As long as the owner warns you to stop before banning you for whatever they want. Then I really see no problem with it, especially since IT'S WRITTEN IN THE RULES!

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

It's like reading Detector's achievement list.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Well if we want to flip the tables, there are also shitty employees. Wing nuts that cause disruptions, chaos and threaten to burn down the building (or server in the "analogy" above). Well in that case when it becomes that bad management would be inept to not take some action.

Taking no action against such employees makes it worse for everyone else around them. I've been around inept managers that let basket cases run wild and it's almost more disruptive than a bad boss.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Detector

Post by Detector »

It's like reading Detector's achievement list.
My achievement list is actually true, if you didn't know.

Detector

Post by Detector »

And why is Eridu staff? The question is simple to answer: Because there's none else who volunteers to be STAFF of a dying Zone.

Infinite~

Post by Infinite~ »

I have offered to join staff but for some unexplainable reason have been rejected on multiple occasions. I'd be a great smod. Op> nicks are so 2000 and late. I could be a League mod/general Smod. So when you guys done being afraid of progress, contact me.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Infinite~ wrote:I have offered to join staff but for some unexplainable reason have been rejected on multiple occasions. I'd be a great smod. Op> nicks are so 2000 and late. I could be a League mod/general Smod. So when you guys done being afraid of progress, contact me.
Staff for the most part nowadays in broken down to just, STAFF, and SENIOR STAFF there are no other titles.
Anyway, Perhaps your offer was to the wrong person, cause this is the first i've heard of this.

-Fly