lol why is Eridu staff?

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Tembest

Re: lol why is Eridu staff?

Post by Tembest »

Perhaps not the best place to complain about Eridu's behaviour considering he is not an active reader of forums.
Ent I have not seen on Forums in ages and liito probably does not know they exist.

When it comes to the gag evade, let me get this straight, you stay online in DSB but multi-client to access another zone as well?
Then even though you are gagged in DSB, you are somehow able to write on DSB's public, team chat, etc.?

I have absolutely no idea how it works, but if that's what you are doing it sounds like a clear attempt to evade the penalty.

kemi

Post by kemi »

Lol seems like DSB is really getting back to normal :)

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Tembest wrote:
When it comes to the gag evade, let me get this straight, you stay online in DSB but multi-client to access another zone as well?
Then even though you are gagged in DSB, you are somehow able to write on DSB's public, team chat, etc.?

I have absolutely no idea how it works, but if that's what you are doing it sounds like a clear attempt to evade the penalty.
The gag doesn't effect players logged into other zones until they log out than back in (so im told). Also, according to what Eridu told me he only talked on dsb's chat channel which is cross zone, private chats should also work this way.

I was out numbered, but expressed a different opinion concerning this ban. It will however only be the 30 day ban and not the one year.

-Fly

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Basically Instead of logging out of DSB with falconeer, and going to Hockey zone with falconeer, and then from Hockey Zone talking ?chat=dsb

I stayed in DSB with falconeer, logged into hockey zone with falconeer, and from Hockey zone I talked ?chat=dsb.

Falconeer in DSB remains gagged, falconeer in HZ also remains gagged if it was to enter DSB, however because falconeer in HZ is in HZ, typing IN ?chat=dsb will work from there.

Typing in ?chat=dsb from DSB will not work.

Effectively I was gagged in DSB, This was not evaded.

I know it's hard to follow, but fly understands what happened. I couldn't talk in public, or even PMS from within dsb. I could only talk from outside the zone using squad chats or PMS.
From within the zone, nothing works.

The only confusing thing about this is that I had two falconeers online, so someone who doesn't know I have another falconeer in another zone, will think I'm somehow evading the gag. But the tell all of that, is that I could only talk in squad chats and PMS. (from outside the zone), So if you think falconeer is only logged in dsb, you'd assume i was talking in the squad chat and PMS from within the zone.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

If people can just warn before they enforce rules this wouldn't be as absurd. If staff can first ask the person to stop, and then gag them if they don't then I might have less of an issue with this. If gag was automated by a bot, or even better community voted. There would never EVER be complaints. How can anyone get mad if 20 people voted to gag them? Or if a bot detects a bad word and gags you. Many games work on vote kick, like TF2. When 10 people vote-kick me there, I'm like okay, and I just play again tomorrow, or find another server. The issue isn't with eridu not knowing that I didn't evade a gag. Its that I was gagged in the first place for basically something stupid and pointless, and that it lead to a ban. I could actually really evade a gag, and if I ACTUALLY did, In this case it shouldn't lead to a ban because it was a dumb gag in the first place. I could unban too, but again better to play a victim than give you retards more excuses to ban me. This is why I waited out my 1 year ban. Plus I won't miss a 6 vs 6 practice every day. If the zone had 100 players again, I might actually lift my 1 year bans to be apart of the zone.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Is it wrong I missed some of this drama? I guess a man dying of thirst would think a sip of water tastes like champagne.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I don't know how it is today but multi clienting also used to be illegal, so...

I'm not saying it's really cool to ban someone talking on private chats or pm's as they (mostly) are not moderated, but given the
circumstances I do understand why he clearly thought you're evading the ban.

You can start any fights you wish about it but we all know you just want to push the limits and work on finding loop holes in the system.
In a zone with this few people left, I can't really blame if the people moderating the zone feel like banning you ;)

Anyhow, if you wish to complain about Eridu, the correct channel is to go to Ent. There is nothing the rest can really do about it.
I'm not really into banning people especially when it comes to a zone with only a handful of players left, but it's not my call in this case.

Get BH's vote and we'll talk again ;)

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

In Falconeer's case, ban was justified on the grounds of avoiding the gag placed on him. No matter how it was technically done, it was still illegal and pushing the boundaries of the zone, basically not accepting the punishment given and finding a grey area to exploit the functionality of the game further, therefore breaking the rules. We could talk about Falconeer all day long, he has a long history of disturbing players and staff in DSB. His past includes exploiting rules to find a grey area where he could abuse staff to ban him and then get himself unbanned and the staffer punished for breaking their own rules. Must I say more?

Before the ban, everything with Falconeer was normal, he was acting up as usual, attempting to troll everybody and trash talking like the world was ending today. No harm done, ?ignore used a lot. Why didn't he just stick to the basics, why bother pushing it further only to make us use the last resort needed for obvious rule breaking?

In general, banning players is the very last resort given the size of the community, usually every player who starts fooling around knowingly will be given several chances to get their act together - on those terms we nowadays are more like kindergarten nannies than real authority of the zone. A lot of stuff what used to be served with punishment is nowadays served with us looking away or kindly asking and ensuring nobody got very butt-hurt over the situation. I have absolutely no desire to ban anybody, not even Falconeer, as long as he sticks to the rules and does not try to find any kind of loopholes or try to abuse players and the staff. The current ban is mild based on Falconeer's history and he is more than welcome back once it is over. However, Falconeer will not have any access to development section of DSB any more, he has burned the bridges behind him too many times. We have been extremely forgiving on him based on his history of always fighting against authority, fighting against the rules and abusing the loopholes - no more, that serves as greater punishment for him than the ban.

As for wo's case, I've requested for evidence and even asked him to be in contact with Ent and there's nothing else to comment on that, whether what Eridu did was correct or incorrect is not decided by me. In general, I am concerned hearing this kind of messages and it does require further investigation. However if anybody will conduct such a investigation or will it lead anywhere is completely different thing. I am fully aware of possible situations where certain staff members have dealt with things the wrong way - even witnessed couple of them by myself - I am deeply sorry for the players who have happened to be the target of those actions.

I think I've said all I have to say on this matter, chew on the words now! Obviously all the things I've said are my own opinions on the matter(s) and (may or) may not be considered official line by the DSB STAFF or anybody else in the zone.

PS. Think for a second here, about Falconeer, what is his contribution or value to the zone? Does he have any value to us when he is here only to exploit the system, find loopholes and weaknesses, attack us from within. Causing our limited resources to be stretched even further only so he can have his 15 minutes on these forums. A troll he is, internet trolling at the worst level possible - it would only serve the zone and the greater good to keep him in extremely short leash. I know we have other freaks like him but most of them know their limitations and do not pull this stuff 24/7, or at the very least they learn their lesson much much quicker than Falconeer does.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Staff got banned or removed from staff from breaking DSB policies and procedures. Why would you even blame this on me? All the times staff got removed it was for breaking their own zone rules because they don't know how to handle other players and should not be staff. Owners and Sysops are exempt from their own rules so they never banned themselves when they skipped procedures since they make the procedures themselves they feel they are above the law in their own zone. In the end staff is a drama queen club, not everyone on staff likes each other. Because of this when a staff member mishandles a player, regardless if the player broke a rule, when that player complains, one of the staff who hates that staffer will get them fired. It is your own drama that gets each other removed. It really has nothing to do with the player. In this case you and eridu are buddies so you are sticking up for him.

And actually it's not just about the technicality of the gag. Technically the gag was done wrong because some steps were skipped. SUCH AS: Falconeer stop, falconeer i will gag you if you don't. Technicality aside there was also no good reason for the gag to begin with. This goes beyond procedure down to Why was I even gagged? No reason was given. No warning given for me to even stop what I was doing wrong. Surely if I was doing something wrong it would be easy to point it out and say stop. Yet this never happened. Why would gag even need to be used when ?ignore function works so well? Saying I can't evade an unjust gag is like telling a Jew they can't evade the nazis back in 1942. That if a nazi wants to shoot them in the head, they shouldn't run or hide, they should just accept the injustices and wait for it to be over.

Secondly I never evaded a gag. Many many times I was gagged in DSB, and I just left the zone, and talked in DSB chat from another zone. No one banned me then. What makes this case different from any other time? You just decided after the 100th time it was a gag evade to talk from another zone? No it wasn't and I'll even tell you why. The gag was made in DSB for DSB. And from another zone, i would still be gagged in DSB. So no gag was evaded. The squad chats exists as a global entity for people across subspace to communicate, You didn't gag me across subspace now did you? Therefore I have every right to talk from another zone.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

My contribution to the zone is more than you think.

I played league since 2004. Contribution = +1 league players
I made Six Squads, the first starting in 2006. Contribution = +500 players playing the zone
4 of those 6 Squads entered leagues. Contribution = +200 league players, the other 2 enhanced pub.
From all my squads I trained over 600 people. Contribution = +600 new players stayed with DSB
I made 4 squad halls for squads. Contribution = +Hang out for Owled, Renegades, Ezs, and all my squads.
Plus more recently starting around the time snake and then Ent became Sysop I made maps for the zone. Why did it take so long? Because Hoch had to fuck off first, so I could finally get a dev arena. Contribution= +Babl league,+DSBpub,+Event map changes,+Tileset, +DSBforums
Part of the reason Hoch quit is because I annoyed him. Contribution = -1 dictator
I provided everyone with an enemy. Contribution = -9999 bordom, +9999 excitement

Squads I've been in, Roughriders, Silenced, Renegades, Templar
Squads I've made or acquired, Morally, Myrmidones, 181st Tie, Tyranize, Talon Claw, Nova Fire. (Many of these squads were in 12 vs 12 league, or 4vs4)

So all the players who quit SS because of me? Zero. Hoch quit in part because of me, but mostly personal problems. People quit because of personal problems, or they got bored. Players who played because of me? +600. Ent actually quit after I was banned and there was no one to police anymore. Go figure. Guess he got bored.
SK hates me and he still plays. Snake likes me and he doesn't play.