lol why is Eridu staff?

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

wo

lol why is Eridu staff?

Post by wo »

fking retarded kid bans me from the zone for getting in on the wrong freq during a match by accident.

doesn't unban me until the match is over and I miss the game.

He's done similar things before, just a couple weeks ago he kept repeatedly dc'ing me for his own enjoyment.

anyway, this really ruined my day. I didn't get to play any dsb at all. I skipped my grandma's funeral for my league match today. thanks a lot.

falconeer

Re: lol why is Eridu staff?

Post by falconeer »

Eridu gags when he wants too.

First of all gag should only be used in two cases.
1. Harassment
2. Racism

Secondly that doesn't mean you determine what harassment is. It's not at your own discretion. It's based on an actual definition of harassment. Which goes a long the lines of being repetitively disruptive in a way that is offensive. This definition can only apply IF you asked the person to stop. As such harassment can only happen in game when someone evades an ?Ignore. In the form of text, harassment can be individual and take on the form of PMS, however PMS are not moderated so this falls back to evading ignore. If not then it's public and is only harassment if its disruptive to the whole community (Meaning more than three people want you to shut up) In such cases a proper zone would have a ?votekick or ?votegag command. A person would be gagged if 60% of people in the arena vote yes. Harassment through text can also happen if you keep mentioning the persons name, an example: Eridu you are fat, Eridu you mom is fat, Eridu you smell, though since its still in public chat, this would have to be a daily thing for it to become harassment rather than just fooling around. And typically if a person doesn't ask you to stop it's not harassment once again.. need I mention this?

That aside there are other ways to be disruptive through actions. Such as practice ruining, which is usually dealt with by speccing a person and is totally not considered trolling, but rather falls under the category of griefing, and it is lame.

In the end gags are rarely required when there is an ?ignore function, and should only come after a mod warning to stop. Overall gags should not be handled by an individual but should be determined by community vote through a bot. Or even better by the bot itself when it detects racist words such as the N word.

This zone is a failure. The sooner you spend time devving instead of policing people, the sooner you'll have a population again.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandma.

Honestly a bit surprised to hear anyone would skip a family funeral for a game but I'm going to assume there are other circumstances I am unaware of.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Dude, there are people who wouldn't miss a game for free vacation on Bahamas.

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

I think it's a joke :/

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

It's not relevant whether wo's statement was a joke.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

My point still stands. You really shouldn't have staff do things randomly. It totally destroys the entire credibility of Staff and the zone.

Staff can't just do things without stating why they do them.

It works the same way with the police in real life. They can't just randomly come up to you and detain you or arrest you. They have to tell you why you are under arrest, and even read you your rights.

Do you see anything wrong with this scenario. You are walking on the street. A police officer walks up to you, and without talking, shoves you to floor and puts handcuffs on you. You ask why you are under arrest, you ask what you did wrong but the officer doesn't say a word. He shoves you in the car, drives you off to the police station. There you get your day in court, the judge says you are sentenced to 1 year in prison. You ask the judge why, he says you are fined for contempt of court, speaking out of term. You get an additional 21 days in prison. The judge then says you should know what you did wrong. Yet you still don't know why you went to jail for 1 year.

So you see, the short version is you guys are fucked up. And even a fucked up kid can realize why the above situation is ridiculous and wrong, and yet they still perpetuate the exact above situation in DSB. Are you retards? Would a judge ever not say what you did wrong. Did you ever meet a judge before? Go meet a judge, sit in on a trial, they even ask seriel killers, do you understand your charges, do you understand what you did wrong, do you understand why you are getting lethal injection.

You have to say why you gag a player, why you ban a player. The why is very important. I realize nobody liked Hoch, but he set up certain staff protocol for a reason. Some of it was redundant, and maybe it was a pain to follow. But saying why you do things doesn't make you appear like out of control power abusing retards, it adds credibility to your actions, it informs the player of what they did wrong, it ensures that you are thinking rationally and logically and not overreacting to a situation. It benefits yourself.

So if you want to be "police" in a 10 player zone, then learn to be good police. Otherwise stop this policing BS, and be developers, because dev work is what the zone really needs, not your inept and faulty views of justice and what is right and wrong.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

No cheating (hacking the SS client software, exploiting bugs in the client or bots, etc)
No team killing
No advertising other zones
Respectful Conduct. This includes, but is not limited to:
Be respectful towards members of staff
Be respectful towards your fellow players
Do not abuse ?help, ?host, ?lagger, ?cheater commands
Do not spam
No racial, gender, or sexual slurs
No impersonating of staff members or bots
Comply with moderators at all times

Beer Hunter> The rules are out of date and I'm going to update them.

This is not what I call an updated rule list. No Advertising other zones, is an ancient ass rule from 1999. It actually harms DSB, the sooner DSB embraces other zones the sooner other zones will embrace DSB. Many players play more than one zone already. This isn't a competition anymore, it's a BIG community. Time you learn to share. Diversity is a good thing. Some DSBers will play another zone, and meet people in that other zone, and the players of that zone will hear about DSB or want to be with their new friends in DSB and they will come over to DSB. You need to seriously abolish this shit rule. I've been saying this since 2006. Fucking Dinosaurs. People advertise other zones in PMS anyway. You can't stop them. Might as well allow it in public chat, as long as it's not spam. Seriously look at the success of Hockey Zone. Or are you blind too? 60-80 players in HZ on different days. 99% of those players come from other zones. We already have a solid player base in DSB. Many of this solid player base play other zones, but DSB is there home. And it's not as if we are hearing of other zones for the first time. The news is out that other zones exist. This rule would only make sense if people downloaded the DSB client, and only saw DSB on their zone list, but suddenly someone mentions trench wars, and the guy finds the trench wars zone and never comes back. What a dumb rule..

P.S Comply with moderators at all times
Since mods don't give warnings, it's hard to follow this rule. GG.
Might as well remove it, you are gagging and banning without warning a person to stop or even informing them of what rule they are breaking.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

You do realise no one has argued and you are having a monologue here? Not that it is anything new to you though.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Thats like me protesting against the slaughter of jews in Nazi Germany, and a Nazi telling me no one has argued the contrary. Then he goes off and shoots another jew.

Nobody argues but things still don't change in DSB. Same crap is happening. No changes being made. Other day eridu gagged me with no warning to stop whatever I was doing and with no reason even given afterward.

So I login again, this time to Hockey zone as falconeer. Now I'm logged in twice, in DSB as falconeer, and in HZ as falconeer. Except I'm still gagged in DSB.

I talk in DSB chat from hockey zone. Eridu being dumb thinks I evaded the gag and bans me.

MANY many times when i was gagged in dsb I just left the zone and logged into another zone and talked on dsb chat. This is not a gag evade, since I'm still gagged in DSB. And nobody told me I can't do that or that it is a gag evade. I was never banned for logging out and logging into another zone. And In fact all those other times I was gagged, was by eridu, and again for no reason. The only difference this time is that I didn't log out of DSB when I went to the other zone. Also if i was ?ignored, id never change names to evade an ignore. I could give two shits if some individual can't see what I can type. I could give two shits if the whole zone has me on ignore. But gag is a limit of my speech, which is totally different and has nothing to do with people reading my BS. Plus zone commands stop working after. Plus it's dumb to ban your own dev team. As I had 3 arenas, and was the only asshole devving for DSB.

Anyway one month ban now. Please increase it to 1 year. I think that's how long it will take for you retards to grow up. Go for the netban again because of my typing. Netbanned for typing. Lets see if you can make it stick this time. Dumb asses.

P.S with 5 people on forum, of course its a monologue.

I made a better forum in 1 day than DSB ever had in 14 years.
http://deathstarbattle.heavenforum.org/

Now delete my post and ban me from these forums for posting the link. And get that netban going, If you going to be retards don't be half assed about it. Go all the way.

All it takes is 1 cry to MOM, shes in EG noobs.