Left0vers - 11pts. (0-2-4) + 2 elim 3rd place
Crusaders - 10pts, (2-2-1)

(wins-ot losses-losses)

Scoring:

3 points for victory
1,5 points for overtime loss
1 point for loss

Special weekend before play-offs:

Once round 2 of regular season is over in couple of weeks, the league will continue for one more weekend of regular season where a special game play will be used. In this special game play, all 4 squads play at same time in same arena, in same map. Fighting for the domination of one single flag! We're hoping to have one heck of a massacre and lots of fun in at least 3vs3v3vs3 kind of BAB elim! There will be two games of these played in a row with special scoring: 5 points for victory, 3 points for 2nd most flag time held, 2 points for 3rd and 1 point for 4th. These scores will count towards the regular season scoring so technically if the lowest ranking squad wins both games for example, they could go to the finals or at the very least to play-offs!

Play-offs:

Top 3 squads will proceed to play-offs, fourth in the regular season will drop out automaticly. The squad which gains 1st position on regular season will go to finals automaticly while the 2nd and the 3rd of regular season fight for the position to finals.

The first squad on regular season will not be free during the play-off weekend, instead they will be facing all-star team built from all the other squads. Top 3 pilots from each squad are to be named by the captains for this event to test the capabilities of the regular season winner. Obviously the all-star game is not scored towards rankings but will deliver fun and drama regardless!

PS. Insert comments, thoughts and other useful information below this post, obviously things can be altered if enough negative voices come from the cockpits of YOUR WB's!

Tembest

Re: BABL Standings, scoring & play-offs

Post by Tembest »

Beer Hunter wrote:BABL5 STANDINGS after WEEK 4,
Red Hawks - 10.5pts (3-1-0)
Everglaze - 9pts, (3-0-0)
Crusaders - 5.5pts, (1-1-2)
Left0vers - 4.5pts. (0-1-3)
How is it mathematically possible 3 teams have played 4 matches while EG only 3?

Edit: I believe you have counted this Sun for Cru even though it was rescheduled.

PS. The so called elim will be absolutely horrible... 9 players shooting at the 3 players in turn desperately trying to hold the flag for 5 seconds. Absolutely pointless.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Absolutely correct about the standings, calculation error there. As for the elim, I believe it might provide something new again to inspire and spice up the league, I could estimate at least the younger ones who play are well satisfied with that game.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Beer Hunter wrote:Absolutely correct about the standings, calculation error there. As for the elim, I believe it might provide something new again to inspire and spice up the league, I could estimate at least the younger ones who play are well satisfied with that game.
Has it been tested? What has the feedback been like?

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

A few times with low amount of players, some like, some don't. If we ever get a game which everybody likes I think hell has finally frozen. :roll:

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Beer Hunter wrote:A few times with low amount of players, some like, some don't. If we ever get a game which everybody likes I think hell has finally frozen. :roll:
You're correct there, but I think the more players are involved the more ridiculous the game gets.
I can imagine newbies who have never even played "real league" might enjoy it but everyone who understands DSB should hate it.
This is simply speculation as I have never tried it, and to be honest, have no interest in doing so because in the end, if the players are even remotely close to the
same skill level, it is about nothing but luck and spamming of repellers (bursts) depending on the map. No team will be capable of holding the flag for more than 5
seconds at a time.