Prac League Schedule for April 7th

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

Prac League Schedule for April 7th

Post by Beer Hunter »

Hey,

Here's the schedule for first weekend of regular season of Practice Sector League.

18:00GMT/2pm EDT Everglaze vs Crusaders
19:00GMT/3pm EDT Red Hawks vs Left0vers

kemi

Re: Prac League Schedule for March 31st

Post by kemi »

So you expect us to show on Easter Sunday? :/

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Well lets just say that I know that it's not the best day to play..

Of course if every team suffers greatly from Easter, the games will be rescheduled.. well in general we've been pretty flexible with these things, haven't we? :roll:

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Beer Hunter wrote:Well lets just say that I know that it's not the best day to play..

Of course if every team suffers greatly from Easter, the games will be rescheduled.. well in general we've been pretty flexible with these things, haven't we? :roll:
Well yea but what's the point of scheduling it on Easter if we do not expect adequate show ups?

Especially considering it's the first week of league...

If we cannot get show ups you call it pre-league, and if we get 3 you call it league. I do not really like this way of handling stuff. :/

And what determines when will it be rescheduled? If only Crusaders shows up with 0 while the other teams get a show up, then it is
a regular season game. If Crusaders and EG cannot show up, the game will be rescheduled. If one team of each pair shows up, then
what? Forfeit wins or both matches rescheduled? What if all teams show up with 2?

Only problems will occur if things are left so badly open. :/

Either you call it pre-league right away, call it regular season right away, or decide that if any squad does not get 3, the game will
be rescheduled. Some lines please...

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Somebody should contact Ent to decide this matter. I'm fine with either, playing or not playing, or calling it 3rd weekend of Pre-League, whatever you guys want. The votes in the team we have are 1-1 so the situation is currently kind of weird. That's all I've got to say on this matter. :roll:

Personally I might even be so bold that call it a practice weekend after seeing the reactions, however that is stricktly my own opinion, not the official line of DSB STAFF.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I personally do not care what is that is decided. Flip a coin for all I care.

The point is you should decide something. At minimum something like, if any team fails to show up, it's still pre-league.

Or then boldly decide it is one of the two, no matter the outcome.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

We'll just reschedule if every team has bad show ups (pretty much same as calling it Pre-League weekend number 3). Best option without having to do anything radical. :roll:

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Beer Hunter wrote:We'll just reschedule if every team has bad show ups (pretty much same as calling it Pre-League weekend number 3). Best option without having to do anything radical. :roll:
What does every team having a bad show up mean? All squads with less than 3? 3 squads with less than 3?

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Well by my standards, every team having less than 3. However if the host decides differently, then go by his word.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Point being, I'm sure whatever you decide is alright for most people, but you cannot say something like "If all teams get a bad show up, we'll call it pre-league."

Who determines a bad show up? You? Eridu? Cru will miss kemi and I for sure, that's not good.
Just line something like if any team cannot get at least 3 it's pre-league or whatever. As long as there's something concrete decided before the matches...

The problems occur when decisions are made based on personal opinions AFTER seeing what has happened. (Take for example the Babl final)

No one knew the bot was going to mess things up, but if we were clever we would've decided in advance what happens in such case.
Now we have the chance to be clever and decide something in advance. Let's do it.