BABL Finals!

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

BABL Finals!

Post by Beer Hunter »

Hello DSBers!

Due to the events during the BABL finals, an appeal happened. To prevent the flag bug from casting a shadow of doubt over the finals, Crusaders and Everglaze captains made a decision to re-play the finals on this Sunday 3rd of March at 19:00GMT.

While staff handled the appeal, we were pushing forward a solution which would make both squads satisfied and in the end our involvement was very minimal as the squad captains decided to re-play the game. Job well done captains, thanks for your cooperation and understanding. :)

Tembest

Re: BABL Finals!

Post by Tembest »

You (and EG) are welcome. As Mati suggested, the victory is not the most important factor anymore but to get a fair final played
that leaves no one thinking things could have gone differently.

Let's just hope hope both squads get a show up.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Wow who decided that? I'm not sure I can be bothered to replay them. As far as I'm concerned, it's over. Now you give us less than 2 days notice with a forum message to say it's not over, please come and replay it?

If they decide to use their "we have 4 players but only let 3 of them play" tactic again, why should we give them any leeway? They're not interested in keeping the zone alive. We replayed the controversial round, which could just have easily been awarded to Crusaders. No-one got an advantage. End of story.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Tbh, this announcement was mainly for the rest of the players so we don't get many players asking what is going on when it's game time. I was expecting both Cru and EG have their inter squad communication in such a beautiful order that you don't come bitching to me about the "late" announcement. The decision was made on Wednesday evening.

Anyway, lets not fight over such a silly detail, I'll make sure to announce it earlier next time. :mrgreen:

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

I'm not sure if I can make it. Watching the North London Derby from 4pm to 6pm.

Imagine if Cru don't get a show, would EG win by forfeit? That would be the most ridiculous thing to happen in this zone for a while. A hastily arranged stripping of the title, a quick rematch which half of the squad members don't even know about, and a forfeit win for the other squad. Would be classic DSB.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

kemi

Post by kemi »

Lol...

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

We (me and temb) already agreed that if you can't get a show then you win :P And also if you were alive during that match you should understand why we wanna replay that one, even tho we are going to get worse show up than on last Sunday.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Sever, many people felt bad about the game. I was not happy to reschedule it, but as it seemed like the fastest way to get this league over with, Mati and I agreed that
we both try to show up for a rematch of the game but if one team cannot get a show up, we'll just call babl ended.

Point being, Beer and Eridu were going to replay only the Round 5 anyway.

I thought we rather play 30 minutes of babl than 5 minutes of babl, hence a full rematch was scheduled.

Options were either to decide something between Mati and I or let Beer and Eridu decide something for us.

Magnum Size

Post by Magnum Size »

Thanks to the Everglaze players for being cooperative (especially Mati). I'm glad that you and Temb were able to come to an agreement. I'm sorry that we didn't a full showing on Sunday. The only communication I have with most of the squad members is through ?messages. I'm not active enough to message them in the game.
Temb has a done a great job with staying active & keeping myself in the loop (through FB).
In my opinion, staff was in a tough predicament. I'm glad they were open on how to resolve this. Thanks!

Looking forward to Sector League

Mag

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Congratulations to Crusaders for winning BABL, now lets focus on the Prac League.