Prac Sector League Registration up!

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

Prac Sector League Registration up!

Post by Beer Hunter »

Hello DSBers!

Our next league will be Practice Sector League. In short, we will play 1 sector at a time and a maximum of two sectors per weekend (Sunday). Roster size for the league will be 10.

The registration for the league is up: Register in ?go dsb using the DSB-DB-Bot ,!register,!join,!squadlist,!createsquad, and !help for all commands.

More information about the league, as in format and such, will be released within the next few weeks.

Drop a comment if you have suggestions - obviously once we release the format and other information, we can discuss if it needs improving!

Tembest

Re: Prac Sector League Registration up!

Post by Tembest »

Having the name "Prac" there most certainly won't help you attract players.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Yep
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Well the idea was to make distinction between this and the actual Sector League which has always been a failure and secondly this is not exactly like actual Sector League would be. Can you think of better name then? Any other thoughts besides the name, it is just a minor issue I think.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Call it Sector League or DSB League.

This is the closest thing we will ever have to the original DSBL, so why can't we just call it that?
Even if a miracle happened and we one day had 6 vs 6 running, the name could still remain the same.

Much of the players that play now didn't even try sector league. Besides, it was called sector league
because it was only a sidekick to dsbl. I'm voting for dsbl anyhow.

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

Indeed calling it dsbl could get us some players back, tho some could again get pissed, anywho I guess the decision is already made :(

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Call it DSBL.
Maximum of 2 matches per weekend with 10 minutes halves (40 minutes, but with breaks ~50 minutes)
Match type should be dependent on show ups:

2v2 = One match in west.
3v3 = Two matches out of east, south and west. If there is disagreement over which two sectors, pick them randomly.
4v4 = One match in north. A second match in another sector. Pick it randomly if squads don't agree.
5v5 (optional) = I can make maps to play east+west or south+west 5v5. Play one match on one of these, and one match in north.
6v6 = Usual 6v6 league, so one match in north+west and another in south+east.

Pater Punishment

Post by Pater Punishment »

I concur with Sever's post, with the addition that if the showup is 2vs3+, the 3+ squad can refuse a match in West.

Also 3vs3 showup should only allow east or south matches, unless both squads agree to have one match in West.

Also 4vs4 showup one match min in North great, the other match shouldnt be randomly chosen to be West unless both agree that it is a possibility.

Also 5vs5+.. just make it same as Sever's option 4vs4.

So I dont concur 100% with much, but thanks Sever for your post. Call it DSBL for good measure and giving DSB its final chance and final real league.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

I agree with all of those additions, apart from one thing.

Playing 2v3 in east or south is an absolute waste of time. In south you either sacrifice upper or get owned in lower. In east it's eternal lock.

The good thing about Beer Hunter's idea is there are two matches to be played. So you can play 1 match in west, but the second match is a forfeit win because there are no other sectors for two players. So the best result you can get in 2v3 is a 1-1 draw, and you at least get to play a competitive game.

Eridu

Post by Eridu »

Well its Prac Sector League because Sector League name is kind of tainted and we are basically playing 2 pracs and people like pracs. Would rather not call it DSBL in hope we can have an actual DSBL of atleast 6vs6 sometime soon. Sector League of DSB League made me lol :lol: ;) reminded me of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, its like, just pick one. Changing the name in registration would require a new registration to be started and I would have to manually add all the people who have joined, which has not worked 100% of the time.

As far as expanding the size of players in the sector goes, I asked a few "key" players about prac style league or 4vs4 Sector league where we would play 4vs4 in all sectors. Everyone preferred prac style league. Now what some of you have is kind of like Sector Brawl idea we have floating around in staff. Where we can play any amount of players in any sector, preferably 3 or more of course. Playing different sectors based on captains agreeing is a little trickier. Plus the problem of having teams meet on the same playing field. We can adjust the maps choices based on teams' show-ups for their first match vs each other. We have to meet each team twice anyway and can play the two remaining sectors the next time the two teams meet.

Pre-Season starts this Weekend! Basically trying to get more people registered right now and start league on March 24.

Incredibly busy this week.....