BABL Schedule for January 6th

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

kemi

Re: BABL Schedule for January 6th

Post by kemi »

BH as usual your post makes no sense.

Your suggestion is silly. ANd Temb already answered the question you asked in his post....

If we don't show we should forfiet lose. Same as you. ANd shouldn't it be easy for you to show up at 18:30 GMT if you have another game at 18 GMT?...

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Trying to be flexible here, it serves no purpose for anybody to have forfeits if with flexibility we can achieve actual games being played. I'm fine with radical moves but it's not in the best interest towards DSB. :roll:

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

We cannot host a league where Crusaders and Vuohet are given a special right to not lose by forfeit if they don't show up.

I can't believe we are even having this conversation.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Doesn't everyone get the same treatment then?

I understand BH's motives. It's better to play matches at any time we can. Forfeits serve no purpose and any squad that wants a forfeit win over a reschedule cares more about winning than about having fun.

I only ask that everyone get the same treatment. The very essence of competition is that it's fair, otherwise it really isn't worth playing.

Of course there has to be a limit. If one squad keeps showing up, and the other doesn't, we can't let that keep happening. So something like this please:

Match 1: If one or both squads fail to show, match is rescheduled.
Match 2 (rescheduled match 1): The match is rescheduled again only if both squads fail to show. If one squad shows, they win by forfeit.
Match 3 (rescheduled match 2): No more reschedules. If both squads fail to show, they both receive a forfeit loss. If one squad shows, they win by forfeit.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Obviously I failed to explain that similar flexibility in is effect for every squad, has been for a while. Little things here and there slip through to ensure games getting played. Why? It's part of the change DSB has gone through - less rules, more relaxed athmosphere and leniency on nearly every subject/matter. Even if it sounds weird - we're trying to make sure everybody get treated fairly, if you're not, I'm sure you will let me know.. or well, most likely you'll just whine over here. :mrgreen:

However, you're correct that we can't keep rescheduling forever - let's see if both squads will show up today and decide then how to proceed (if the game is not played for reason or another..).

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Because the game is on at the same time as Barca's game I know which to choose since we won't get a forfeit anyway.

I just don't get it. Why should different rules apply to a rescheduled match than a regular match?
Neither of the teams showed up for the first match, I somehow understand it's rescheduled then instead of giving both a forfeit loss.

But a rescheduled match should then work exactly as the original match. If Vuohet shows up with 2 while Crusaders with 1, Vuohet
should win by forfeit.

Too late now anyway, I'm sorry but Barca game is way more important than showing up when I don't have to.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Now you're jumping ahead and making assumptions Temb. This game is on extra timeslot and surrounded by a lot of if's because it was late add to schedule - need to take everything into consideration if the game is no show from both sides again. It's not as black and white as you are trying to make it look like. ;)

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Speaking of fairness. The ref locked us in terrs and started the game, which basically gave Vuohet a 30 second head start. It didn't matter cos we were better, but that pissed me off. I only ask for fairness.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Yeah it was a problem, the host admitted it. However, I'm fairly certain you do not want to appeal over the game since you won? If it was a tighter game, it would have been re-started. We will try to use other methods to keep unregistered players out from games in the future. :roll:

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Well "we won so it's ok" is not really an excuse.

I haven't played in ages, and I was tired last night too. I thought there was a finite chance we could lose. So giving the opposition a head start didn't exactly settle that for me.

Very annoying. Good luck with hosting in future.