BABL Round 2 - changes

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

BABL Round 2 - changes

Post by Beer Hunter »

Hey DSBers!

For round 2 (starting next weekend) of the current BABL we are adding a change to the game: from now on, only one of each ship allowed per frequency. However, if more than 4 on both frequencies, then both teams may use one ship twice (ie. wb,spid,jav,levi,jav).

If overtime is played, the rule still applies, however, both teams can pick their ships from every ship as the legal ship enforcement is not in effect.

Comments always appreciated on this subject, if feedback is too negative we can always re-think this change.

Tembest

Re: BABL Round 2 - changes

Post by Tembest »

Umpf.. I still don't get why do we never change stuff for the upcoming leagues but have to force the change into the ongoing one.

I like this change, however, not the timing once again...

But please answer now, will the play-offs be played 1 of each ship per freq or all ships allowed??

PS. Did Cru show up yesterday? I totally forgot it was Sunday.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

We're not really forcing anything, we can still just "forget" this change if too many people protest against it. At the moment, most of the people seem to be taking it well. Important to try to spice things up in order to keep this league a bit more interesting.

Playoffs will be with normal settings most likely.

PS. Cru did not show, well, ur opponent didnt either so the game will be rescheduled.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Beer Hunter wrote:PS. Cru did not show, well, ur opponent didnt either so the game will be rescheduled.
Oh.. lame.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Unfortunately I need to cancel this change for round 2. Our bot coder failed to finish the new BABL bot in time, with the current bot it's nearly impossible to do this without hassle. Perhaps we can do this for next league. :cry:

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I guess I don't need to say anything again. ;)