BABL format

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Nubby

Re: BABL format

Post by Nubby »

Have to agree and disagree with Mati.

Its not hard to go to other zones and get them to try out DSB and play in the league. I know Nub Factor is generally a lot more fun than many other SS squads / I am also hugely charismatic so many people are inclined to join but the main problem I see here is none of you are willing to leave DSB to venture to other zones to recruit, and lets face it no newbie is going to venture into DSB when there is TW, HZ & EG ahead in the pecking order. (Key Note: Before you all yell at me for having 0 people on my roster, I am busying with the point I am going to make below and will dedicate a day to recruitment sometime next week ok)

Now I need to yell at you Mati, I just mention that TW and HZ are running a combined Hockey Tournament during Euro times and just because TW is involved, you are not interested it in what-so-ever. The fact that I am even helping League Coordinate the event and you won't even join NF says a lot. So No I guess on this point you don't get to call anyone out.

PS: Would like to lodge formal complaint that Downies keep stealing my players but Marbed and wO never check the forums so whatever.

PPS: Also we are missing the most important point in all of this. Yes to Dodgeball. Yes to a Dodgeball playoffs which NF would have obviously won last season. Yes to a Nubby vs Kemi Dodgeball Finals.

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

First of all that was a joke.
Secondly why would I kick half of my roster just to point something like that, one squad is better than three if we look at this from eg's point of view. And im not saying now that im great or anything but i've kinda created a squad from scratch, aka renegades, ofc I had a lot of help back then and more players, nevertheless I've done that.
Nubby: Get that league to hz and ill join :D

Nubby

Post by Nubby »

To Mati: Half the games are played in HZ and half the games are played in TW. Its called promoting SS as opposed to living in 2002 where you still have zone vs zone.

It allows TWers to play in HZ and allows HZers to try out TW. Its called win-win. By numbers alone, HZ will get about 50ish new TWers trying out actual HZ sets, and there will be maybe 20-30 HZers playing in TW and their other events. (Theres 5 TW Teams and 3 HZ Teams involved in this for those wondering ).

Anyways, this is about DSB (although I did propose the idea of a tri-zone league which would have yielded similar numbers) -
Yes to Dodgeball. Yes to a Dodgeball playoffs which NF would have obviously won last season. Yes to a Nubby vs Kemi Dodgeball Finals.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Well, I've done the same.. new squad, trained from day one and took them to play-offs. But that was back in the day with help from vets such as Bjorn and couple other Prot vets. Plus, I had 24/7 to prac and a lot of join requests every day.

Nowadays it's just same players who show up and they are all rostered to 2 or 3 squads which have max amount of players in BABL. If anybody knows a player who is not in squad yet and is able to play league, tell them about Vuohet and I'll get them set immediately.

Helping out doesnt kill you now, does it? :roll:

PS. This is strictkly written from squad leader point of view..

Detector

Post by Detector »

I'll just join Vuohet then 8-)

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Matioso wrote:Secondly why would I kick half of my roster just to point something like that, one squad is better than three if we look at this from eg's point of view. And im not saying now that im great or anything but i've kinda created a squad from scratch, aka renegades, ofc I had a lot of help back then and more players, nevertheless I've done that.
I don't get it... Why would one squad be better than three squads under any circumstances?

Oh and.. all of us vets have been more or less part of creating a new squad for DSB, which was ridiculously easy back then.
A gazillon of players, loads of requests, you just had to choose how bad players are you going to let in.

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

One squad is better because of multiple reasons. First of all easier to manage. Secondly better show ups because the most active ppl are in that one squad and if you want you can get the best players to that squad.

The point in rens was that it was build from the scratch meaning new players, newbies + ppl from other zones, ofc had a few elder pilots backing it up.

I want to say that you can recruit ppl, it's not that difficult as most of you think, but the fact is that's very time consuming if you can say so.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Oh my bad, I thought you meant like in general one squad > three squads, like a league with 4 squads would be better than a league
with 6 squads. Yea I agree 1 EG might be better than 3 EG's. :)

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

Yeah I was like wtf.