Happenings

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

Happenings

Post by Beer Hunter »

Hey DSBers

I'll be brief and tell you that we discussed about leagues yesterday. We also had a few practices, one DB game and public was booming. Event Sunday in general did not happen, the players overruled us and wished to play public over any event. (Public was up to 6vs6 or 7vs7 at one point)

Here's the short term plan: Back Alley Brawl league will begin again, it will be one or two round league taking roughly couple months to finish. Depending on squad amount. Activity and squads will be searched from other zones, promotion will try to look for players outside DSB, yes, those ex-DSBers are the ones we're looking for.

The registration for BABL IS UP! Register by going to bab arena (?go bab) then using the DB-BOT to register. !help to see all the commands, you know the drill.

Second plan, more of a long term idea is to bring new league to DSB. It will have elements from current public game, at the moment the idea taking the top 1 position is 3-4 squad battle for the Deathstar. In this format 3-4 squads of 3-4 players play inside deathstar at same time and whoever has most points at the end of the game is the winner. However this is just an idea which Eridu brought up and which we discussed yesterday, it will be discussed in more detail over here asap.

This is just a general notice that we've discussed things online and I'm trying to keep the forum readers on the same loop. You're welcome to comment or to come online and help us with activating/searching players & squads from other zones.

PS. People who were present in the meeting: Pater, Matioso, Fly Swatter, Eridu, Beer Hunter, Gentleman.

Tembest

Re: Happenings

Post by Tembest »

Thank Gentleman for getting people there through his Facebook spamming.
It's one of the only ways to actually get people there, except the remaining couple ex dsb'ers from other zones of course.

kemi

Post by kemi »

I thought TCL was more popular than BABL :/

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

kemi wrote:I thought TCL was more popular than BABL :/
Actually it wasn't.

And in addition, the population was high only for 2 hours, while with babl it has been high for 3-4 hours.

I'm still not a huge fan of babl though.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

We did a lot of thinking on this and in general BABL is more liked than TCL was. It might have something to do with less individual skill importance in BABL. BABL suits better for rookies and they can compete if they wish to. In a way it's newer territory to everybody.

On another note, we are also planning to have a racing league, together with a few other zones (EG and TW at least). It will be automated, we're on very preliminary stages of planning this (we were just invited to join) so I don't have anything else to tell yet. However, a lot of planning and stuff to do for sure. I will write more information about this when I get some.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Reset prac statistics
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

I'll figure that out and reset them. Although I'd love to store those old ones somehow so I might need to find the big rock hiding our coder under it. :lol:

Any thoughts on that racing thing? Multi zone so you'd compete in multiple zones (if you wanna win) or then just your own zone. Great opportunity to move around and get to know people, for us as for the other zone players.

So far 2 squads registered to BABL. Need more! Get active, get players, find those ex-dsbers and drag them back. One vet a day keeps inactivity away, right?

PS. Jumping online really matters, last night when I was heading to bed we had approximately 14(!) players in babl arena and 10 of those playing a bab 5vs5 prac. Great opportunity to recruit some lonely pilots if you need some.

Nubby

Post by Nubby »

Will try and fill whats happening in Racing League (although a lot of this is still in discussion stages since HMS Stargazer took-over)

Anyways, the idea is to promote more co-op between the SS zones an allow players to experience other zone settings now that HZ's RSHL, EGFL (kiss my ring baby) and TWDT just ended.

The big 5 zones (TW/EG/HZ/Chaos/DSB) will be involved with maybe 5 races in each zone every Sunday over a 2-3 month span.

Again- All this are in discussion stages so nothing is final yet.

=======

As for BABL, Glad you all finally came to your senses and did it, I signed up Nub Factor but I'm somewhat busy helping (previously Left_Eye/Reckful, now HMS Stargazer) with the TWHT/smashed with work IRL.

Spoke to Eridu about maybe moving BAB to Saturdays so I could pull some of the TWHT capts/teams to BAB as well, but thats for you all to decide.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

"Coming to our senses" basically just meant we need to repeat the recipe for success over and over. Which unfortunately means BAB and only BAB, at the moment. :roll:

Saturdays are fine by me but I must alert you that we switched to Sundays for a reason. We had followed the situation back in the day a lot (was it like 2005 or something when we switched off from Saturday games?) and the general message from the community was "We want to party or do something else, not show up for league in DSB on Saturday evening/Afternoon". The last games we had on Saturdays before moving to Sunday only were chaotic, roughly 30% of players were missing, sometimes entire squads. (Especially all Finns squads were not there if the Friday/Saturday was official drinking day in our country).

I wish that we could get wider range of opinions, especially on Saturday games. Eridu suggested to me that Event Sunday would move to Saturday after BABL starts, perhaps we can test the activity that way to get some idea are the remaining players showing up or not. Switching to Saturdays without testing and careful feedback could have bad consequences on Sunday games too, if some players show up for Saturday and their squad does not have enough, that sure will not motivate them to show up on the next day. It's simple I know but this is how people work, believe me or not.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Saturdays would require testing before its done. Throughout the history of DSB, it has been far worse than Sunday.
And as Beer said, you can totally forget about Finns if you schedule the games on Saturdays.

But... schedule events on both days of the weekend for three weeks or so. If Saturday gets as many participants,
then there isn't a problem.