DSB Sector Brawl

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Delic

Re: DSB Sector Brawl

Post by Delic »

Beer Hunter wrote:PS. Many thanks to Pater Punishment and everybody else involved in creating this format.
Too bad it took so many years and the current state of DSB for it to materialize.
I still think it's being presented incorrectly and that it should be launched simultaneously
with other projects as part of an overall relaunch of DSB. I'm afraid that it would fail to
achieve its ultimate purpose otherwise, which should be to revive DSB.

But hopefully I'm wrong and you guys can pull it off.

Pater Punishment

Post by Pater Punishment »

Now that I think of it, launching several different things at once would have been a good idea. Where were/are you Delic? :P

Are you going to play this league?

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Alright, the registration process being so slow, we've decided that the first weekend, on October 14th, is a recruiting/w vs w/practice weekend. Feel free to bring your squad online for practices or come online to find a squad. Squad leaders be active and recruit, we need all of you to bring your own effort to this, staff alone is not enough force to get everybody to join.

We will try to host games from 17GMT until 20GMt, as many as possible, we will test how the bot & functionality of our bots work for this league so have patience if everything isn't finished at first.

kemi

Post by kemi »

You mean October 14th?

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Indeed, you are correct, October 14th it is. I was a bit tired when writing that. :oops:

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

So, was there anyone?

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

A few players showed up but no games were played. I discussed a plan to get players more involved but it's hard to say how far it'll get (thanks Pater). I'm pretty confident we need to have next weekend as a practice/recruiting weekend as well and see if we can get anywhere.

PS. While waiting, could we do something else to get some games going, like perhaps a duel tournament or something? The main idea is to keep this place alive and something small where you hardly need a team might be the answer.

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

Agreed and should have done those already before this league.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Matioso wrote:Agreed and should have done those already before this league.
Yea, too bad it's too late. I asked a gazillion times for duel league, to reset pracs stats (people still pracced).
Unfortunately, this zone getting a league going without a proper re-launch is a dead end. It's taken way too
long since babl.

However, it's better to play something I guess. So, maybe you should host the dt or something else now.

But the idea of a 4vs4 league or even babl, you can bury right away.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

This league will be put to rest, not to be forgotten, however. If we get a chance and our activity & population goes up, we'll try again. At the moment it seems we just need to go with random fun, so expect another thread about that.