League Experiment on AS3?

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Fly Swatter

League Experiment on AS3?

Post by Fly Swatter »

There will be short comings at first, thats why this threads title includes the word "Experiment".

The game is not based on a timer and score doesn't matter ( a goal must be achieve ). The full dsb map is used, and the game can accommodate 4vs4 to 12vs12 to 9vs9vs9 6vs6vs6vs6 or about any combination in between.

The concept is solid, and there are no cheesy methods to cheat the system. Strategies for victory are unknown, but most likely teams will want to barricade themselves in east.

Heres the best that I can explain.

You (your team) must activate a sector by:

1: Possessing the majority of the flags in that sector.
2: Possessing and control the soccer ball with-in that sector.

When a sector becomes activated the onscreen indicator highlights that sector. The red numbers below represents the speed in which the slider moves (based on the flag count in the active sector). The slider itself represents the game position and when it reaches the Empire's or Rebel's goals the game has been won.

This will not be an official league, only an experiment, and only if there are willing participants. After wards the project will be further developed or put to rest. All I ask is that the games be played seriously and ONLY the game concepts potential be judged.

I dont do hosting, this would take Beer Hunter and or Eridu to manage.

-Fly

jim the chin

Re: League Experiment on AS3?

Post by jim the chin »

Sounds good. I'll play.

I assume that once one sector has been activated, it is impossible to activate another?
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

jim the chin wrote:Sounds good. I'll play.

I assume that once one sector has been activated, it is impossible to activate another?
No, all sectors are in play at all times you just have to meet the above conditions to activate them.

In other words if the enemy team is held up in east, you just have to go in and take the ball away from them to deactivate that sector.

In this case you could kick them out of east, flag it up and activate it for yourself, or you could dedicate someone to scout out another sector (flag it), and move the ball there.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

You could just keep the ball on the move, as long as the ball is held by a player in a sector in which that team has the majority of flags. If your team has all flags in that sector the slider will move at its fastest rate. If your team only has 51% of the flags in that sector the slider moves at its slowest rate. You need at least 51% of the flags, but the more you have the faster it moves.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

It would make a great league, but would also be awesome in pub. Is this what the current theme is? (I've been away). Although pub really needs to let people spawn in the DS... it's dead without that.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

jim the chin wrote:It would make a great league, but would also be awesome in pub. Is this what the current theme is? (I've been away). Although pub really needs to let people spawn in the DS... it's dead without that.
Nah, this runs on the asss server, pub is just a generic bot i put together.

I'll be making a post sometime in the main forums, about trying something different in pub.
Maybe we'll try the game you suggested in the other thread.

---

There's a warpbox in the lower part of the nkz in pub, or you can set a macro !ds