Current and Future leagues

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

Re: Current and Future leagues

Post by Beer Hunter »

Well the sector battle league (sector fight? Brawl in a sector? whatever the name may be) is definitely a go. I suggest we use the same registration we started for 4vs4 league, just simply register your squad & recruit for this league described by Pater in the previous pages.

I will write more detailed version and announcements within the next few days. Please note that with the current staff, we really dont have an option to re-code anything so basically we need to use the prac bot and the same scoring as there currently is in those arenas (if it is even possible to modify player amount per sector, I believe it is).

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

No one knows how to fix the scoring? At least to half the worth of a kill?
Even I would probaby know how to do it if I saw the code. There is a number "150" somewhere, just change it to 80 or similar :D

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Tembest wrote:No one knows how to fix the scoring? At least to half the worth of a kill?
Even I would probaby know how to do it if I saw the code. There is a number "150" somewhere, just change it to 80 or similar :D
You're welcome to try. Start by asking Ent if you are trustworthy enough to have the source code, it's not shared around lightly. :mrgreen:

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Beer Hunter wrote:
Tembest wrote:No one knows how to fix the scoring? At least to half the worth of a kill?
You're welcome to try. Start by asking Ent if you are trustworthy enough to have the source code, it's not shared around lightly. :mrgreen:
I wouldn't know how to upload it or anything anyway. I have never even seen code. :)

I'll get it done anyway... So, 80 points cool?

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Its not that easy, first i assume Ents bots use a older merv-core, and I dont even have a copy of that. Run a google for merv-bot core 44 and you wont find it. You need that to compile the dll. Ents bots also has a number of imports from other sources. So have fun setup a work environment for someone else's bot not even knowing whats what and whats up to date and whats not etc..

It would take Ent 30 sec to change the score or tweak this or tweak that on his bots. It would take me several days of eye strain and tension headaches to do that same.

Just "FIRST" decide "EXACTLY" what change"S" you want to make and shoot Ent a email.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Just tell me the number and I'll get it done.
I believe 80 would be good. It would mean 1 kill = 2,5 flags when 3 vs 3
1 kill = 2 flags when 4 vs 4
1 kill = 4 flags when 4 vs 4

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Since there was no opposition, I decided it on my own and changed the value of a kill to 80.

Pater Punishment

Post by Pater Punishment »

80 is a good compromise.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

We need help from players! At the moment, we have 21 players registered for DSB Sector Brawl. 4 squads. Not enough, not at all.

We need players who can actively go through zones and personally engage players to join squads and the league. Similar method can be used in DSB too. Basically drag them to join, drag them to get involved. This is the only way we can get a league to happen it seems, I do not have time to talk with all of them, neither does our 2-3 man staff. It's up to you, the players to help us out in this one.

This is a friendly request, don't just sit around and wait, act, now!

Eridu

Post by Eridu »

Tembest wrote:Since there was no opposition, I decided it on my own and changed the value of a kill to 80.
heh

If you would have scrolled back you would have seen it was 100kill/40flag, 2.5 ratio, and the flag needed to be a flat 40 per flag. This was for the times when people showed with less players. Not having a flat 40 will make it harder for an undermanned team to win because they will receive less for their flags.

Nice of you to get something done but next time try logging in and asking bh or I about it.
Pater Punishment wrote:80 is a good compromise.
Agree, if 4vs3 it is 80kill/30flag for a 2.66 ratio for the undermanned team.