4 vs 4 League

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

jim the chin

Re: 4 vs 4 League

Post by jim the chin »

If the next league fails we might put our efforts into making a pub game with an objective. This zone is taking the exact same route as 17th parallel: Let pub die -> cling on to dying leagues -> leagues slowly die -> zone dies.

Fix the problem at the source..
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

kemi

Post by kemi »

But Pub already have an objective...!?

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

That objective is ridiculous and complicated.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

I keep saying it, the objective should be simple, and it should resemble league. Just let the bot designate a sector -> people flag the sector -> if they hold the flags for one minute they win the game. Simple. (obviously west would have to not include core). I have made slight edits to the pub map to allow this objective to be used (?go #ownage), if anyone wants to make the bot, I'll let you know what's required.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Talk about public on the main forum, dont get it mixed with this thread if that's okay..

Basically if this league does not work out we either magically create something else or have a short break. After that registrations for 6vs6 league. I never said I've given up hope for this league but the amount of registrations is very low. :?

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Unfortunately at this point, short breaks are horribly long actually, and at least one player will drop every week we don't have anything to play.

One thing I don't get. Why aren't the individual leagues on? Currently there is no reason for anyone to play the game...

1. Fix prac scoring. Reset the stats. Start it over. Two commands required ~ 3 minutes?
2. Duel league played in pub. Make the bot call it a league and keep a list? ~ 15 minutes?
3. Start racing league all over again. Spawn the bot ~ 2 minutes?

Almost everything is ready, and already a long time ago I was told these all things would be done.

kemi

Post by kemi »

If that Racing league thingy is automated it should be easy to start up the bot even though there's no way I am playing that myself :P

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I didn't play it once myself either. But some people did. Some people enjoy it.
The question is why aren't we giving people something to play?

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

I'll see if we can do those things. The pub duel thingy requires some coding I suppose so it will take sometime..

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

That can be the last thing to worry about then.. The point is that we have individual leagues that are almost ready.
Let's use everything we can.