4 vs 4 League

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Tembest

Re: 4 vs 4 League

Post by Tembest »

I think I might have been in the same squad. I never showed up though.
I was at least in Protection and hmm.. well I don't remember since I only played less than 10 matches during the history of 4v4.
I never found it very interesting.

Anyway, what are kemi and I supposed to do if league dies? :(

We don't even have live chat on forums anymore...

kemi

Post by kemi »

Yes Protection 2nd place like 3 years in a row :P

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Tembest wrote:kemi and Mati are probably the only ones who have always played it. :)

But I'm not so sure it's about the chosen league. A huge bunch of our current players don't even know what it is.
It might just be that they aren't interested in playing the game.

The 6vs6 is scheduled to start in like 10 weeks, right?

Now we have a dilemma. We don't have enough people participating in this league. But we cannot wait 10 weeks
without playing anything or I can guarantee you, that you can kiss goodbye to leagues for now. Then you need
to start with pub and old players will be gone for good.
......... we just played BABL and had much more interest. So you're saying loads of players suddenly decided it's time to quit playing the game in general? Come on...
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

kemi

Post by kemi »

Vacation just ended most places and most people just got back to work. At least that is what happened here.

The new sport seasons begun as well, and NFL will begin on next sunday, so yes :P

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

I didn't play the first like three 4v4 or something.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

jim the chin wrote:......... we just played BABL and had much more interest. So you're saying loads of players suddenly decided it's time to quit playing the game in general? Come on...
Actually, yes. That's what I'm saying. I'm saying we lose a player/players every single week we don't have league going on.
For some the break has already been quite long considering they didn't make it to the play-offs of babl and db had no play-offs.

I'm not saying 4vs4 would be the best league but I'm saying most of the players have never even tried it so... why would they
skip it because of that? We all played Team Combat League or whatever after all. I agree the league being 4vs4 league has an
effect on the registered players but I don't see it very large. I see people mostly quitting for various other reasons as kemi said.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Tembest> ?find frankllr
Not online, last seen more than 10 days ago
Tembest> ?find endangered
Tembest> ?find gold scythe
Tembest> ?find dsb
Tembest> ?find cybrax
Tembest> ?find mad jack the pirate
Tembest> ?find noobius
Tembest> ?find slacker!!

... to name people who were more than part of a roster, who actually played babl matches.

Then you add some people who totally dislike 4vs4. Next the people who won't play, no matter when they have been online the last time because
they are simply not interested in the game anymore or have real life stuff to do or vacation over or whatever...

And we all know we don't have any new players. I believe it matters very little whether it's 4vs4, babl, tcl, etc.
If this league fails, it doesn't matter which league we put up next. If it's not within 2 weeks, bye bye league.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

I will address the current and future status of our leagues in a massive wall of text tomorrow. Today no time, it's hunting season.. :mrgreen:

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Tembest wrote:
jim the chin wrote:......... we just played BABL and had much more interest. So you're saying loads of players suddenly decided it's time to quit playing the game in general? Come on...
Actually, yes. That's what I'm saying. I'm saying we lose a player/players every single week we don't have league going on.
For some the break has already been quite long considering they didn't make it to the play-offs of babl and db had no play-offs.

I'm not saying 4vs4 would be the best league but I'm saying most of the players have never even tried it so... why would they
skip it because of that? We all played Team Combat League or whatever after all. I agree the league being 4vs4 league has an
effect on the registered players but I don't see it very large. I see people mostly quitting for various other reasons as kemi said.
so many assumptions there i'm not even going to comment. Suffice to say, there was a gap before babl too...
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I agree. Assumptions mostly... but the truth we all know is that more people quit than start playing the game.

Edit: We had 50 players last league. It's impossible to build more than 4 squads out of that number for 4vs4.