BABL Finals schedule

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

kemi

Re: BABL Finals schedule

Post by kemi »

To be fair, Temb has a point that is even better than mine :)

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Beer Hunter wrote:Impossible to make it any "better" than kemi's suggestion.
But as I said, it makes no difference so there is absolutely no reason for you to waste your time
stopping the game or make some weird rules who gets to choose what. Or if it's 1-0-1-0 vs 1-0-0-1.
They make no difference and any captain in the world would choose Freq 1 over Freq 0, and if they
wouldn't they are retarded and ruining the game on purpose or they are stupid enough to realise the
advantage and they should be prevented from doing so.
Beer Hunter wrote:Starting freq will be picked by Crusaders at the beginning of round 1. After two rounds, Everglaze will get to pick which freq they wish start round 3.
So, if you first allow Cru to choose the starting freq, and Round 3 you give it to EG. You give EG (the
lower ranked team an advantage), which makes zero sense. You will let the lower ranked team play
Freq 1 for 2 out of 3 rounds once again. So, whatever you do, don't do this. Jesus.

See it makes no difference what we choose for Round 1. Both teams will play Freq 1 once. Only Round 3
matters, and now you're giving it to the lower ranked team.

Only options are to either make it 100% random (coin toss) or let Cru choose as the higher ranked team.
I'm fine with either.

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

For me it sounds pretty strange to let cru pick first, yes higher ranked team but in regular season, this is finals already. Im fine with coin toss for R3.

kemi

Post by kemi »

How is that strange if you compare it to sports? Highest ranked team = homefieldadvantage

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

It didn't matter in regular season, and no the higher ranked wasn't allowed to pick there.
In Semis the higher ranked was allowed to choose, so technically it would make sense to do it now.

But then again, this is final as Mati said... so... I think it would be a bit unfair.

Let's say Cru can choose whether they want to start on Freq 0 or 1 as the higher ranked team.
Then Round two obviously illegal ships, and as Mati suggested, then Toss a coin who gets to choose
first on Round 3. Then round 4 of course illegal again. Then, if needed Round 5 mixed.

This way you give Crus maybe a prize for playing regular season well, allowing them to choose the freq
they want to start on but it doesn't affect the number of rounds played on a certain Freq.

I'm sure everyone agrees on this one?

Cru picks Round 1. Then we toss a coin who picks Round 3.

kemi

Post by kemi »

Best suggestion so far in my opinion

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Mati approved of it already but would also want Pater's approval.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

We're using the system I wrote to my first post. I've spoken with our team of seniors and they are against random picks which leaves me no choice but to proceed with a plan not in favor by players.

In others words, if you wish to push your matter forward, ask Ent to overrule everybody else and get the coin toss system approved. (Or I will inform him if I see him..)

PS. My apologies once again, obviously I offered a wrong system and messed this up.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Beer Hunter wrote:We're using the system I wrote to my first post. I've spoken with our team of seniors and they are against random picks which leaves me no choice but to proceed with a plan not in favor by players.

In others words, if you wish to push your matter forward, ask Ent to overrule everybody else and get the coin toss system approved. (Or I will inform him if I see him..)

PS. My apologies once again, obviously I offered a wrong system and messed this up.
You're kidding me, right? So, you're granting Everglaze, the lower ranked team the advantage to play 2 out of 3 rounds on Freq 1 ships?

Crusaders can let Everglaze pick Round 1 if we get to pick on Round 3. Laugh! But that of course wouldn't be fair towards EG.
But either that or a coin toss... because you cannot reward the lower ranked team. Any rule of common sense says that.

Besides, I don't get what Eridu or whoever in the Team of Seniors have to say if both teams agree to some terms? That is some crappiest
running of a league in history of human race.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Indeed, it's unacceptable to not agree on this. I will keep on working to get this matter corrected asap. We've set the line by ourselves to work closer with the community and this is certainly not the way to do it. :|