BABL Finals schedule

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

BABL Finals schedule

Post by Beer Hunter »

Hello players,

Here's the schedule for the BABL Finals, 5 round game between the two best squads out there.

19GMT (3pm EST) Everglaze vs Crusaders

Starting freq will be picked by Crusaders at the beginning of round 1. After two rounds, Everglaze will get to pick which freq they wish start round 3.

-Beer Hunter

kemi

Re: BABL Finals schedule

Post by kemi »

Make it so the winner of the coin toss don't get a huge advantage.

So if they pick freq 1, which they will, they play with legal, illegal, illegal, legal, mixed

Let's be honest freq 1 is way overpowered for this and there is no way the winner of the coin toss isn't picking freq 1

By doing as stated above the coin toss won't make that much of a difference

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

We can't change the legal/illegal ship constellation, the bot does not allow that. The best we can do is to have the first 4 rounds as legal/illegal legal/illegal and the last, if there will be 5th round, will be the one with all ships allowed. :|

Trust me, we would have done it differently if we had the chance. Unfortunately re-coding the bot would take hours so it is not an option. :oops:

kemi

Post by kemi »

No you can do it like I said easily.

Since after we finish the first two rounds you stop the bot and start a new prac and you just give us the correct freq's. Easy.

Otherwise we might as well do the coin toss for the victory more or less. At least there is a huge chance of the coin toss winner to win the game if we do it like you propose

kemi

Post by kemi »

Seriously try thinking before you post...

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Oh right, we'll think about that suggestion. :roll:

kemi

Post by kemi »

Unless you want a coin toss to have a HUGE influence on the score then there is nothing to think about.

But at least you listened from last week, since Crusaders otherwise would have had first pick which was quite clear was a huge advantage yesterday

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Edit: No coint toss, rather a top squad (Cru) from regular season gets to select which freq they start. After 2 rounds, the second best squad (EG) gets to select which freq they want to start for round 3.

My apologies, we discussed it over and unfortunately coin toss was not favorable method. However this will ensure the same outcome.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I don't really get the difference. What's the fuzz about the freqs?

1. Crus plays 1-0-1-0-mixed. We still need 3 round wins. So assuming, EG wins the round they get to play on freq 1, they will get another chance
to play on freq 1.

2. Crus plays 1-0-0-1-mixed. You flipped the coin. EG plays 2/3 as freq 1. Crus would have to win the round they play on freq 1 and they will get
another chance to play on freq 1.

There is no way you can make it "even". kemi's suggestion makes zero difference.

For once winning regular season has mattered and the higher ranked team has been allowed to choose the freq, which seems obvious to me.
However, you do it, of course anyone would want to choose Freq 1 over Freq 0. If you make it legal-illegal-illegal-legal-mixed. Then anyone with
half a brain would choose Freq 0 to get to play 2 out of first 3 rounds on Freq 1.

Either make it 100% random or let the higher ranked team choose. It doesn't matter if it's the original way or kemi's way.

Edit: On another note, as kemi said. Freq 1 is WAY too overpowered for babl.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Impossible to make it any "better" than kemi's suggestion. For next BABL we'll try to get a setting to bot which allows to turn on/off mixed settings to spice things up a bit in the play-offs & finals.

I'm pretty sure we can figure out with the current system who's better in this BABL without any difficulties. ;)