12vs12 league option

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Matioso

Re: 12vs12 league option

Post by Matioso »

Im kinda sure that pater could play, not maybe the whole time because of the kid he has but at least showing up now and then. And yeah I think I could make those matches, too. Anywho, we need more ppl to that player list, I could come up with something from Everglaze as I see not even many from our bab/db team are there.

wo

Post by wo »

I forget who suggested this, but we should make this into a sort of indi league/ladder. The points the player accumulates goes towards his squad in the standings. We could have these matches every week or every other weeks with different captains and teams each time. I'd play.

kemi

Post by kemi »

All those sorts of things would just be heavily abused. I think the system would have to be very very complicated to not be abused seeing that the different sectors gives such different stats

And with new captain every week, we cannot play more than a few weeks until it will all get ruined by some retard as captain who have no idea who to pick and what to do...

In my opinion the only way to make this work is to make it a short and small draft league with fixed captains of close to the same skill level who are fairly active and therefore know who to pick.

That is just my opinion though - but I would like to see a system that you're suggestion wo that cannot be raped apart by abuse

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Yea, the idea is nice but it's way too complicated. It would take a decade to come up and test a system
where it would not matter which sector you play in. Then there are sectors where you have to rely a lot
on your partner. In general, the better your partners are, the more points you will score. The amount of
abuse and bitching at the captain would be astonishing.

Not to mention that I would completely give up playing for my team. Bye bye emping, maintain at least
1:1 and only care about my own flag touches / dings. Partners would race for the same flags. Yeah...
Forget about it.

This gave me another idea though. You could make one squad play in one sector. We could form sort of
"sector squads" where squads would score 1 point from winning their sector + 1 point for winning the game.
So the maximum points per would be two. All squads would want to win their own sector and also the
entire match, so they would also help other sectors if needed. We would need 8 squads for this, which is
very doable considering the squad playing west only needs 2 players to show up.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Can't we just reset the prac bot and make a two month league with the top 10 players posted on tnhe website, zone news and arena-map at the end? Simple, and all the hard work has already been done..
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

kemi

Post by kemi »

Good idea, but I do not see how it is relevant for the 12 vs 12 league? :)

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

jim the chin wrote:Can't we just reset the prac bot and make a two month league with the top 10 players posted on tnhe website, zone news and arena-map at the end? Simple, and all the hard work has already been done..
I don't know if anyone is on this... Last reply was from Beer like months months ago saying it will be done among many others things.
Or was it Ent? I can't remember anymore. But yea, should definitely do it. Except first you will have to fix the scoring of points a bit
now it's designed for 6vs6 (50 flags in a game) so eg. in east pracs currently flags aren't worth anything, it's all a killing fest.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Tembest wrote:I don't know if anyone is on this... Last reply was from Beer like months months ago saying it will be done among many others things.
Or was it Ent? I can't remember anymore. But yea, should definitely do it. Except first you will have to fix the scoring of points a bit
now it's designed for 6vs6 (50 flags in a game) so eg. in east pracs currently flags aren't worth anything, it's all a killing fest.
Are you sure about that? I thought the formula was changed to make kills more important, but it had nothing to do with the pracbots thinking there are 50 flags in the prac. The change occurred before the 6v6 league. I agree that kills have been made too important though.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

A kill is always worth 150 points and a flag held is always worth 10 points per ding. The more players per team, the
more points can be gained from flags. Also the more flags, the more points to gain.

Meaning flags are worth a lot in a 12 vs 12 game where a kill is a fixed 150 points while in an east prac with 3 players and only
20 flags, flags aren't worth anything.

A ding can reward your team maximum with 600 points. That is, if you won the ding 20-0 in east. So, 20 ding = 4 kills from the team.

A quick calculation. If everyone in a team go let's say 20-15 rec (60-45) (1.3 ratio), they gain 2250 extra points.
They would still win the prac with a 7.5 flag ave (3150 points), which is really bad in east. In other words, using even one special for
a flag in a prac is completely retarded.
If you teleport on top of a flag and you gain all 4 of those but have to use your specials for that, and die. Your team gains 120 points.
You die, and the other team gains 150. So, even if you died for FOUR flags, you would lose.

In a 6 vs 6 match, winning East 20-0 will reward your team with 1200 points. You calculate the rest yourself.
And then, if you played 12 vs 12 with this scoring formula, flags would be worth way too much.

I hope this answered your question.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

I didn't need the maths to know flag scores meant for 6 players will be worth less for 3 players. What I'm questioning is whether the prac bot and the 6v6 league bot use the same formula for flag scores. I thought they used different formulas. I know the formula for the prac bot was changed, but was it changed to the exact same formula that the 6v6 league bot later used?