Discuss!

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

Discuss!

Post by Beer Hunter »

Hello DSBers.

The discussion about planning leagues, sharing ideas and giving thoughts should continue here.

So lets get started, roughly 10 people post on these forums but far more play the leagues and voice their opinions through the game. If you, the players, want to open up this process somehow so everybody communicates through one place, the question is, what that place would be? What sort of communication platform or device would everybody use?

As for staff, what do you expect from us, give general idea. How far do you want to go in planning leagues, such as, do you wish to be involved in generating the rules for league or just the general setting & format?

Please, share thoughts and ideas, we'll try to shape things working as you want them to work!

Tembest

Re: Discuss!

Post by Tembest »

I still think forums are a viable option. I think we need to promote forums a bit and see if there's a way to perhaps
even register for people? Is there an invite function? I could browse through the admin panel once I have some time.

What about the bot registration Rasher had? Also we could use the hot topic of the day as a periodic zone message,
and have the link to leave comments, as long as everyone are registered to the forums.

I believe as many people as possible should be involved in the planning process from the scratch. In other words, all
the people who have voiced they are willing to be part of this group. So, let's say we a form a group of roughly 15
players to plan leagues and events, and then in addition, we can post everything that is going within this group on
DSB Forums where the rest of the people could comment in case they want to. This group of people can naturally
discuss everything with outsiders and bring their ideas into the discussion.

As for Staff, I think Staff only needs put together what has been together decided by everyone and take care of the
final as well as midway announcements. So, I don't Staff itself needs to do much on its own besides to coordinate all
the planning etc.

kemi

Post by kemi »

Use the Periodic messages to say that they can voice their opinion in this thread if they wish to have influence

Eridu

Post by Eridu »

These are the players I rounded up for the Players Council a while back ago.
Snoops, Matioso, Pater Punishment, Jesster, Floortap, Highlife, Sky_Panda, Sever, Weasal, Delic, Fly Swatter, more were to come but........

It had some hope but hard to keep it together when nothing can get off the ground. These are players from all a sides of DSB. Keep in mind many daily players don't ever come to the forums and will not no matter how much you urge them to.
Tembest wrote:Also we could use the hot topic of the day as a periodic zone message,
and have the link to leave comments, as long as everyone are registered to the forums.
I like that, hope you show up everyday to post it. :lol:

kemi

Post by kemi »

Eridu that is not how a periodic zone message works. :/

Eridu

Post by Eridu »

I know how they work :). A hot topic of the Day needs to updated daily though. A generic link to a hot topic elsewhere will not do much. The periodic message needs to say what it is.

A periodic message for this thread is completely different.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Actually, most likely the "Topic of the Day" will remain the same for like a week or so.
The point is just to have any hot topic as a periodic message.