Standings+scoring for BABL & Dodgeball

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Tembest

Re: Standings+scoring for BABL & Dodgeball

Post by Tembest »

Agreed, I only like the original DB map. Of course it's too big for 3vs3 but you get what I mean.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Would be about time to explain how the winner will be decided at tied points.
I would suggest:
1. The winner of match vs each other
2. Most wins
3. Least forfeit losses
4. Then what?

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Option number 1. :roll:

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

That was the order.. You need more than one Beer......

If three teams end up with the same points and A beats B, B beats C, C beats A.
All tied.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

EG already beat Wookies, Wookies already beat Crus, Crus beats EG. The teams win the rest of their matches.
They are all tied.

You cannot use:
-Biggest win margin
-Most 2-0 wins

...or anything similar because the league is midway already and squads should have known before
league if they needed to win by as much as possible. And even then all the other squads would've
complained how these teams are ruining the league because they are only playing their best players
and raping the shit out of everyone. So, the "You should always try to win." doesn't work...

So, what will be done to decide the places if the above occurs? I don't have any ideas except to host
another weekend where these teams play each other. But even that sounds horrible.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

You're correct. Perhaps by minutes then? Like, how many minutes squads which are tied have hold the flag for, the one with bigger number beats the other one?

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

That does not really work out either because 2/3 matches have already been played. Lener rage quit because he
was certain they would lose and it didn't matter how big they lost. Same for EG vs Wookies, Wookies would not
have surrendered if they knew about this rule.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I guess we'll have to lose a match then.

Eridu

Post by Eridu »

Hey temb buddy. You spend a lot of time here talking about how this and that should be done. Try pitching in during planning, since you are SR. Staff. Don't wait till afterward. ;)

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

First of all, it's a lot easier to spot mistakes afterwards than preventing those in advance.

Secondly, as I have stated roughly 500 million times, we could avoid the mistakes if we let everyone
participate in the planning on a wider scale. I don't think things should be decided in a meeting with
three people talking about it for 30 minutes. It should be a week long discussions on forums, where
anyone willing could participate. After that Staff should only combine another version of a league and
its rules and post it on forums again. Then players comment on it again, and then it's altered.
This should be done as long as it takes to most seem satisfied.

The best attempt to do this was TCL. First people were given an idea by Beer, then players
commented on it and a couple of people pulled together a league. That's not enough.

This problem was that this league, no one bothered/had time to post rules here. If we did it, I'm sure
someone would've spotted this problem way before league.

Edit: Besides, how could I pitch in during anything when I have no idea when the planning takes place?
On another note, I can't really even play anymore because the times I can log on there is literally no
one online/present/willing to play. I can't even play 1 vs 1 pub.