Standings+scoring for BABL & Dodgeball

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

jim the chin

Re: Standings+scoring for BABL & Dodgeball

Post by jim the chin »

kemi, all scientific journals use SI units, American or otherwise. SI units have nothing to do with decimal marks. Using a comma is not SI. All the scientific journals I have read that are written in English use both SI units and a decimal point, not a comma.

Temb, not breaking thousands would get confusing because it would become difficult to count the zeros. That's the point of doing it. What you could do is write it in scientific notation like 1x10^9, which is easier once it's understood anyway. Using a space... I think I've seen that once or twice before, although it could be confusing too.

I'm not sure using a semi-colon between list items is grammatically correct, but I don't know, it's probably OK.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

jim the chin wrote:Temb, not breaking thousands would get confusing because it would become difficult to count the zeros. That's the point of doing it.
Oh thanks for telling me.
jim the chin wrote:I'm not sure using a semi-colon between list items is grammatically correct, but I don't know, it's probably OK
There is kind of no rule for using the semi-colon. It should be used whenever a comma feels too little and a dot too much.
You still should be able to replace a semi-colon with a dot and the two sentences should make sense and be grammatically
correct. So using a semi-colon to break items in a list is wrong. However, the question wasn't what is grammatically
correct but what is being used.

Edit: And 10^9, really? Not even 1/10 of the world's population would understand what it means.

kemi

Post by kemi »

We're getting a bit off topic.

And my main point was just that in Denmark we just use the SI units as standard as does most the rest of Europe, while some countries just continues to be blind, stupid and well stubborn and use something that went out of fashion like 7 centuries ago. :/

But why is there no play offs for Dodgeball?... :P Dodgeball is as minimum as fun as BABL, especially if we don't get a better map for that. And all the ones Eridu showed me many of them just loos like 100% bombers and who can press burst the most.. Which is also fun, but not as a league.,..

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Are those the ones in #luckdragon?

Should we be picking a few to play on in the coming weeks? Which map is next week?

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

jim the chin wrote:Are those the ones in #luckdragon?
Yep

kemi

Post by kemi »

No, I was in some other arena I forgot the name for though, something like "dududah or similar

Nubby

Post by Nubby »

I agree with Kemi, there should be playoffs for Dodgeball too. And maybe have a best 2 out of 3 for Dodgeball playoffs.

Also maybe we could introduce a couple of new DB Maps too. I can whip up 1 or 2 new maps for DB quite easilly if you guys want new DB maps/are bored of the current one.

This weeks (ke)BAB map is apparently an Eridu-modified Base 9 from #LuckDragon. Its less newbie friendly than the egg kebab map used last week but still pretty fun. Its a good map as well.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

That base might be fun. Would need to see the mods.

Also bases 8 and 10 were fun when we tried them last season, although I would suggest a couple of mods based on that testing.

kemi

Post by kemi »

The dodgeball map should have less items so it is actually about dodging the bombs :P

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

kemi wrote:The dodgeball map should have less items so it is actually about dodging the bombs :P
This