Standings+scoring for BABL & Dodgeball

Post by Beer Hunter »

Hey DSB!

The scoring system for BABL is:
Victory 3 points
OT (overtime) loss 1,5 points
Loss 1 point
Forfeit loss 0 points

All squads will play each other once, after this the play-offs will begin.
Top 4 squads proceed to play-offs, the first round of play-offs to determine who goes to finals and who to bronze medal game will be one game consisting of 3 rounds. For finals, we will have one game which consists of 5 rounds.

For Dodgeball we will go by simple w/l system, once BABL reaches play-offs, the winner of Dodgeball league will be the squad with most victories. If a tie, then one last game will be played to figure out the winner.

Standings for BABL:

Crusaders 13 points (4 victories, 1 loss)
Everglaze 11,5 points (3 victories, 1 OT loss, 1 loss)
Wookiees 11,5 points (3 victories, 1 OT loss, 1 loss(surrender))
EZs 11 points (3 victories, 2 losses)
Vuohet 10 points (2 victories, 2 OT losses, 1 loss)
Nub Factor 6,5 points (0 victories, 3 OT losses, 2 losses)

Wondering what a surrender loss is? It's a rule we incorporated to our main league some years ago, this rule allows you to surrender the game at any point without any consequences or point losses.

Standings for Dodgeball:
Crusaders 4/1 (4 victories/1 loss)
Everglaze 3/2 (3 victories/2 losses)
Vuohet 3/2 (3 victories/2 losses)
Nub Factor 3/2 (3 victories/2 losses)
Wookiees 2/3 (2 victories/3 losses)
EZs 0/5 (0 victories/5 losses)

Everglaze, Vuohet and Nub Factor are all tied at wins and losses. (EG beat NF -> NF beat Vuohet -> Vuohet beat EG).
Therefore, 3 teams share the second place. -Temb

-Beer Hunter

Tembest

Re: Standings+scoring for BABL & Dodgeball

Post by Tembest »

So, I assume 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3. Am I correct?

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Why 1,5 and not 1.5?
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Because in Finland, where BH is from, it is correct to write 1,5 while 1.5 would be false.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Yep I use European things whenever possible. Bloody yanks! :mrgreen:
Anyway I hope that 1,5 is still understandable? :roll:

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

I never knew that... thought you were just being retarded lol. Just read that USA, UK, Australia, China and India all use the decimal point (.) whereas Europe, Russia and South America use a comma: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark

Pretty sure that in all academic journals a decimal point is used because journals are generally printed in English. As you're writing in English, I'd expect a point, but it's not too important.

Couldn't a comma be confusing if you're listing numbers, like: "I wasn't sure if there were 7, 9, 11 or 13 planes in that formation"... but maybe then the space helps?

Also, how do you separate thousands? Like I would write the number, 1 billion, as: 1,000,000,000. How would you write it?
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

Fucking the comma.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

jim the chin wrote:Couldn't a comma be confusing if you're listing numbers, like: "I wasn't sure if there were 7, 9, 11 or 13 planes in that formation"... but maybe then the space helps?

Also, how do you separate thousands? Like I would write the number, 1 billion, as: 1,000,000,000. How would you write it?
For the first, at least I've never had to think for even half a second. I guess you get it too easily from the context already. But sure,
the space then verifies it.

In countries where they use comma as a decimal point, they don't break thousands. At least they don't "have to". However, normally
you see it written with a space in between: 1 000 000 000 000, which at least to me, is even clearer than the comma.

Edit: Sometimes it could be a bit annoying. "The researchers argue whether the maximum length it can reach is 4, 4,7, 5,8 or 6 meters."
That's when you really have to pay attention to the numbers. Nevertheless, if the writer has any brain, he will write it as 4; 4,7; 5,8; 6.

kemi

Post by kemi »

Sever in anything scientific the European methods is usually the ones being used, this includes all kinds of measurement etc since not using the metric system for example makes no sense if you're doing science :) All official SI units are the ones being used in Europe.

And normally that number would be written either with spaces, but a more correct way would be: 1.000.000.000,00

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

While actually grammatically the "most correct" one would be 1000000000 ;)