What do you prefer?

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

What do you prefer?

Post by Beer Hunter »

12 vs 12 Draft Cup

Obviously, old map, old kind of 12 vs 12 action with teams drafted by captains.

Back Alley Brawl

The same fight in the same small room we've had twice so far. You can see the map in ?go bab or one of them anyway. Multiple maps ready for this, requires less players, 3vs3!

Thoughts, comments.. discussion please! ;)

Tembest

Re: What do you prefer?

Post by Tembest »

I don't think I would play BABL, but I'm fine with it if enough are interested. I'll just join
a squad and play a game if I ever feel like it.
We have like 40 active players, so 12vs12 seems like a waste. There is no way we could
get four teams that would show up with 12... I don't see it possible in any way.
However, if you somehow believe there will be min. 4 teams and they will actually show
up, then I'm totally in.

If this is kind of a voting thing going on here, then why did you leave 6vs6 out? I know
some are more interested in that than the two current options.

Seriel Killer

Post by Seriel Killer »

BABL!

kemi

Post by kemi »

6 vs 6 the one without many specials

4 vs 4 classic

6 vs 6 tourney, like L13

12 vs 12 we cannot pull off onless we do 2 teams, we don't have enough active players.

BABL is so silly... :(

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

I think we should try 12v12 with just two teams, at least a couple of times. Could get some old players back with that.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

As for the 6vs6 league, since it is our main league, I was thinking we should hold it back for the summer. Our population and league show ups have already suffered from the summer time. A lot of players do not want to drag themselves to computer on sunny Sunday evening to play. Of course we can change that and start 6vs6 during summer but based on previous experiences of summer leagues, I'd say its a bad idea.

On more general level, this thread is just to see what kind of leagues are expected or wished to happen. We're trying our best to get the leagues going on as the players want.

Some players suggest 4vs4 - in the past this league was popular but then the inflation hit it hard and the latest 4vs4 league was a struggle, activity wise. Perhaps some sort of re-birth for 4vs4 could happen, perhaps that would make the long time vets and newer generation happy? Not sure yet what kind of 4vs4 league that would mean but this is just thinking out loud.

Eridu

Post by Eridu »

I'd rather have babl or 4vs4.

At first I hated the 12 vs 12 idea and still kind of do :). I got an idea though, what if new teams were drafted (by bot) every week from the pool of registered players and league rankings were based on individual performance throughout season?

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Matioso wrote:I think we should try 12v12 with just two teams, at least a couple of times. Could get some old players back with that.
This.

Use the same squads from Team Combat League, but they all play as part of two 12v12 teams. For each player their individual score (kills+(0.5*assists)-deaths) added to their sector's flag average (normalised to make each sector worth the same, and weighted appropriately so individual score isn't more important) determines their overall score. Each players overall score contributes to their squad score.

Theoretically, if super show up with 6 players then they have 6 players who can earn points for their squad in the match. EZ's could show up with 1 player and still earn some points by playing that player in the 12v12.

Captains would pick teams. However, assuming 8 squads, each squad is guaranteed 3 spots to use if they have 3 players ready.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Entr0py

Post by Entr0py »

We are definitely doing draft 12v12 Summer Cup, 1 month long (plus a finals), with the aim of having 3 teams (4 if we get lucky). I'm open to how the drafting will go and the format.

We are also doing babl.

As for what comes after that, I'm open to any ideas :)

I'll also be sending out e-mails to the league.nu database about 12v12 draft.

The bot is already open in ?go dsb for registration. Simply !register. All names on the player list will be considered for the draft.

Announcement on this and babl coming.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Just remembered my old post..
Tembest wrote:Ok...

1. Start automated racing league.
2. Start automated babl.
3. Start automated dueling league.
4. Reset prac statistics and fix the points system. (Currently the point system is the same as in 6vs6 league,
and eg. in east, it makes no sense to flag when you can basically win the pracs even if you lose flags 5-15.)
Funnily, pracs are still what draw most attention in DSB so it should be focused on.

Oh and I'm not as optimistic about a 12vs12 league. The only way you can make it work is to get everyone's
email from league.nu and start spamming every single one of those about a 12vs12 starting. We could perhaps
get like 30 players from there, which might be make 12vs12 possible.

Next, newbies need a place where they can register as a squad applicant. Some kind of a bot or website where
newbies can register and squad captains can then contact them and see if they have any potential.
Captains want players who are willing to play league and willing to improve... Not randomly spam everyone in pub
chat when 90% never have the motivation to actually play league or practise for league.
So, where are we with these? Back then you said none of them is a big deal and would be done rather soon.
Also change the prac stats IP tied. Smurfs kind of ruin the entire point of the rating system.