Team Combat League starting!

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

Re: Team Combat League starting!

Post by Beer Hunter »

Well lets see how the new map feels and decide after that shall we? We can definitely try atw or jim's map too, it's not a problem to experiment, at least it gives every squad a challenge to adapt to new map each weekend. :twisted:

kemi

Post by kemi »

Why would you suggest the ATW map when everybody has said NOT to try that so far in both the current games, the forums and everywhere else...

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Notice the "or" word between atw and jim's map. I kindly suggest you stick to the topic and contribute only when you have something important to say. I'm starting to count your previous posts as poor attempts to troll. (Perhaps they are..) :|

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Temb: I don't think it's too big because if it was any smaller, flanking by other teams would become a permanent issue in any 3v3 fight. The reason I made this map is because it would be a massive improvement if we increased the amount of genuine 3v3 fights. Two teams could potentiallly fight in an area for a minute without interference. However, when that interference comes, there is potential for devastation if one team gets trapped, so you have to be watchful. Even kemi suggested the 4v4 map, which is bigger than this I think.
kemi wrote:I think any map with that many walls will turn into a lamefest way too quickyl.. SInce you cannot really flank the same way as the more opens battles as we had on the first two maps and will have on both the elim, teamelim and 4 vs 4 map..
The 4v4 map is worth testing too for the above reason. However, I think DSB ships are adapted for DS fighting (rooms and narrow entrances). How would it be a lamefest? In the normal DS teams can break into east or north without too much problem. The map I've made has rooms that are much easier to break into than that. One repel and you're in. The idea is classic DSB: weaken your opponents on the other side of the opening, then force your way in.
A lanc, wb and spider could hold down one section for eternity on the map you're proposing laming their ways to kills.
The atw map would be even worse, but like I said, it's not hard to break into the rooms on my map because east and north have been opened out. Most importantly though, flanking by other teams can make the tighter rooms the WRONG place to sit and camp.
Free flowing combat as you call it has worked fine so far, and I would hardly call it about luck seeing that the best teams and players have done best so far. Especially Pater who have played alone has done outstanding.. ANd I hardly base that on his "luck"
Better players will always have better ship skills no matter what map they're in. What matters here is how you die. Are your deaths to random bullets and bombs flying about, attach-deaths, spawn-kills? In the first game I think I heard you or Pater remark about how you died 4 times in a row to random crap.

I think this map is worth a try over atw at least.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

kemi

Post by kemi »

I see one of the reasons where we strongly disagree is the way this league should be played which seems to be why we're proposing different maps.

This can in no way be compared to normal DS play. In my opinion no repel should be used for offense or breaking in, it should be used for defense only in my opinion.

Frankly I see this as a 4 vs 4 just in bigger scale and with more teams, therefore we need open rooms and not many walls...

And in this you only have 10 lives each, and you would have to use one or more to break into for example east for a few kills and than people will just fall back and camp in some other section forcing you to do the same again... That is in my opinion what we have the normal DSBL etc for and prac's for that matter.

In my opniion there is no such thing as spawn-deaths or attachdeaths in this sort of league. If there are you're doing it wrong.

To be honest I liked the first map the best, but I do think that so far the majority of people have liekd the second map the best. We will see what happens this week with the new map.

BH using the word "or" still proposes us to try it out.... I try to stick to the topic, but frankly you're just talking at random... Everything you've said the last 6 years is instant trolling simply because you seem to be unable to listen to what the majority of players are actually suggesting... Killing off the league by changing rules against the popular wishes.... Starting the games late deliberately to drive people away.... It is hard to talk sense with someone living in his own universe where he completely ignores everything not being said by himself and seems to just go against the popular belief purposely... But then we're getting off topic.. Even though it seems to be true.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

A deathstar-size map shouldn't even be considered unless we have
a minimum of 8 teams with 3 players playing. We haven't been anywhere
near that....

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Temb, what is wrong with a large map? The map could be the maximum size and people still wouldn't hide because it wouldn't earn them any points.

Kemi, I think repels should have an offensive purpose or be removed altogether. You might as well just give javs/weasels an extra life. Portals could also be used much more tactically with rooms, and for offensive purposes. The capabilities of the ships are suited to a DS-style map.

Open rooms without walls just turns spiders into super ships. I find that a bigger lame-fest than anything you suggest.

I think you are grossly exagerrating by saying you need to sacrifice lives to break into rooms on my map. When you're in RN or lower south, most half-skilled people can find opportunities to break into adjacent rooms. It's only when north or east are locked that people need to sacrifice lives, which is why I've done away with that. I've also made many other entrances larger.

Why would people run and camp in another section? This makes their movement predictable. Just fire at the passageway to the next room and kill them.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

We've seen only a couple of spiders in open areas and they have been murdered.
Actually, rooms with entrances turn spiders into super ships.
In this kind of a league, sacrificing a rep to blow off those mines from an entrance
is a bit stupid.

There is too much space to run, too many places to hide without getting trapped.
We don't want a 3vs3 fight on one place, and one 3vs3 some other place.
It's a 3v3v3v3v3v3 league... The squad can survive for too long on that map,
and if they they can survive from the hunting teams, it means no one is really
getting any kills. Actually, it's just wise for the running teams to mine and run and
they have a chance to win the game. Mostly, whenever a weaker team faces a
killer team, they could just run away trying to look for easier battles.

Your map, as well as ATW map are horrible for this type of league. But that's just
my opinion. I can try whatever once, but don't schedule both of the Sundays' game
on one of these maps, because if they turn out horrible, playing too games in a row
is not cool.

kemi

Post by kemi »

Very agreed with Tembest.

In my opinion what you're suggestion Jim is a bad re-make of the DSBL and nothing to do with the TCL.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

In this kind of a league, sacrificing a rep to blow off those mines from an entrance
is a bit stupid.
Are you kidding me? First, there are multiple entrances to each room so they can't all be mined, and you can go round. Second, many entrances are too big to mine. I guess neither of you have even looked at the map, so I don't see the point in you dicussing it.
Actually, rooms with entrances turn spiders into super ships.
Where are all the spiders in DSBL then? You are talking out of your arse. And don't give me east as an example, if you'd seen my map you would know I've destroyed east for this purpose.
We've seen only a couple of spiders in open areas and they have been murdered.
WTF, and you agree with this kemi? I'm sure you played in the test-games. Either you didn't see the spiders MVP'ing in the big open spaces or you're both talking crap...
There is too much space to run, too many places to hide without getting trapped.
Why would anyone hide in a killing league? WTF... please just stop talking.
Mostly, whenever a weaker team faces a
killer team, they could just run away trying to look for easier battles.
So they run away, get chased, find another battle, and are now caught in the middle? No, this wouldn't be an effective strat.

I like you Temb, but that has to be one of the stupidest posts I've seen from you.