Post by Magnum Size »

Magnum Size

Re: DSB 20th Anniversary weekend!

Post by Magnum Size »

Join the DSB chat. Type ?chat=dsb

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Thanks, I'm going to try and install it shortly!

Edit: Almost 40 players already, w00t!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

What time was the world vs world (12 v 12) for tomorrow again? Someone needs to try to stick around in the chat to tell people coming on the times. It's dying down now, but if they come back tomorrow that will be even better since for sure tomorrow should be busier. Can the bot be updated easy to show the times?

Edit: nevermind, I see it is broadcasting the general time slots. What about the world vs world ones? Or I guess we can just wing it when we have enough players! Today was awesome, even if a bit light on players. Weekend should be better!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Start building crowd for 12 vs 12 game at 1pm EST and see how it goes. Hoping to get game started within an hour or at least can play public while waiting. If we're lucky we can even play 2 games or perhaps a game of good old Duel Tournament because I think majority of players have some memories of that one.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Ya DT is always cool as well!

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

I was just on for a bit and the topic of the Christmas map came up. Any chance of getting the Christmas map up or is it too risky? Wouldn't want to break anything...!!

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

We should vote on a DSB hall of fame cast of best players and teams! Either way, a little blast from the past!:

From the DSB website circa January 22, 2002
League Schedule Round 2
Posted by LLC on Friday, January 18 @ 06:46:22 EST (57 reads)

DSB League
Hello Everyone,

Just making sure everyone now has the correct schedule for round 2.
It could be that one or two matches will be added but these matches are already final:

Pro/Hawks vs. RoughRiders Saturday 26 Januari 2002, 1600 GMT
The Grail vs. Xistence Saturday 26 Januari 2002, 1800 GMT
War Pigs vs. Renegades Saturday 26 Januari 2002, 1800 GMT
Monistary vs. [HySTeriA] Saturday 26 Januari 2002, 2000 GMT
SaI FoRcE vs. stiltskins Sunday 27 Januari 2002, 1800 GMT
Templar vs. The Swedes Sunday 27 Januari 2002, 1800 GMT
Bandidos vs. DarkSide Sunday 27 Januari 2002, 2000 GMT
--Legion-- vs. Maple Sunday 27 Januari 2002, 2000 GMT

For the complete schedule or more League information you can always visit the League Database.
/LLC
Head Coordinator Death Star Battle Events

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Way too many good memories. We have a league hall of fame, or well some sort of hall anyway, at ?go leaguehall This league hall of fame focuses on the oldest DSBL players and squads from DSBL1 to 6 if I remember correctly but it has good info on all our DSBL leagues till DSBL 10. I guess we could say that after DSBL 10 the golden era was over and we had to slowly scrap 12 vs 12 format to 6vs6 etc.

About christmas map: I'm not sure if it fits with the current bot nor do I know how the current bot exactly was programmed. Maybe, just maybe, I could look into the possibility to put up the map for Sunday but maybe better not as if something breaks we can be screwed badly.