Contacts

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Dark Fears

Contacts

Post by Dark Fears »

Hello, over the years I have lost contact with some ss players I sometimes find myself wondering about. I have actually forgotten some of their nicks too. If anyone has contact info for these players: cru$ader, hot salsa, obiwan, members of The Jedi, old members of Renegades, old members of ReDS, two_bottles, Troilus.. Probably more I can't remember.

It's a shot in the dark, but the game isn't getting any more populated and I fear I will lose touch forever.

If anyone knows me and wants to add me as a friend on Facebook my name is Jonathan Cargill. I enjoyed the many hours being pissed off at some of you, I don't really think that there has ever been another game with such a great community, this wasn't just a game for many of us at times, and I feel like an old friend is dead. I believe this game deserves to be remembered.

Thank you for keeping the dsb forums up.

M16_turret

Re: Contacts

Post by M16_turret »

I don't remember your name, but I remember alot of the ones you mentioned. I unfortunately don't have any of their contact infos.. I am always down for a good duel though so if you come online we should play!

I played SS from 1999-2008. I was captain of a squad called Metallurgy. I left SS and haven't logged again until just a few days ago. I would love to find some people that still play and appreciate the nostalgia!

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Hey Jonathan, there's a Facebook group for Deathstarbattle. Perhaps you should try your luck there.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Ya that would be my recommendation as well. I agree it is a shame to lose touch and I have strong nostalgia for the "good old days" as well. Sometimes you can't go back again though. Such is life!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

zipuli

Post by zipuli »

M16_turret wrote:I don't remember your name, but I remember alot of the ones you mentioned. I unfortunately don't have any of their contact infos.. I am always down for a good duel though so if you come online we should play!

I played SS from 1999-2008. I was captain of a squad called Metallurgy. I left SS and haven't logged again until just a few days ago. I would love to find some people that still play and appreciate the nostalgia!
Metallurgy.. Those were the good days man. Aside from being the owner/cap I remember you being one of the better duelers along with Ave it and Aamen :D. btw do you know if metallurgy website is still up and if it is do you remember the url?

M16_turret

Post by M16_turret »

Well I definitely remember you Zip!! good days indeed! You need to log in for a good ol' duel like old times. Yes I came across the metal forums out of shear boredom. I aimlessly browsed the internet for like 2 hours one day at work (dont tell!). I managed to figure what my username and pw was from way back then and logged in and man, talk about opening a time capsule! all the old prac logs and TBS slapping people around for not behaving, lol I love it! Check it out here:

http://metallurgy.proboards.com/board/9/welcome

Detector

Post by Detector »

If only DSB came back alive someday and the DSB Leagues could continue then. I think this is useless to wish for right now because it ain't going to make a comeback anymore and that's been seen already.

What makes me visit SS these days are old friends to chat with about the old but gold past to DSB, nothing else really... i think it's about time to close this zone forever... because its been dead for some years now? It's sad to see DSB in pain from emptiness from a long time.

Next im going to list the best players in DSB in my opinion there were: kemi, saiyan, Makron, Comm, Xiver, sunnypsyop (Mr. Self Destrust), Matioso, Pater Punishment, Royale, ShadowVT, Loz, Fetcher, esidebob, Butcher (Butch), kooma, Nerv0u$, Snake_eye

I did win all of these players i mentioned in a 1v1 duel in DSB except saiyan and maybe esidebob (in fact i don't remember if i did actually win esidebob a few times before, but he did retire pretty damn fast after League 3 or 4 in DSB, so it could have been a long time ago since we dueled). During the time DarkSide Squadron was alive there were dueling tournaments held in their private arena in the duel boxes. I won a complete duel tournament 2 or 3 times during my career as a DarkSide Squadron pilot and i got a few of those award badges in my DS profile at that time in the DarkSide Squadron website. That was a great experience from DS. At duel arena i used to duel ShadowVT (he was the owner of The Grail at that time) and he used Weasel to duel Vs. me (in a Warbird) and he played exactly like Makron did at his best in a Weasel (as i've dueled Makron in a Weasel too from DT tournaments) and ShadowVT was a very accurate pilot. Butcher I have won in a 1v1 Warbird and 1v1 Terrier duel before, i remember winning him in duel serie to 5 with 5-4, this was the time from during DSBL 2 or 3 when pilots dueled before the DSBL matches.

I did play a lot with Comm in squads like Inducers, LEGO and RH from BABL aswell (where we finished 2nd in the finals, only league saiyan lost in his DSB career i think). With Inducers we won the 6v6 League in DSB and aswell the last 12v12 League with saiyan and company that was played North+East and South+West in 2 halfs. In both of these Leagues (6v6 and 12v12) one of my wingmen happened to be Comm (Kokain was his last used nickname from RH or Inducers i think). However i think its sad to know that the other wingman i had in the last 12v12 DSB League Final match Ultimahora did die in a car crash IRL a year later (RIP), after his cousin in SS (his cousins nickname i can't remember right now) told me about it after i asked about Ultimahora. From my DSB career I have met the best players, dueled the best players and played vs the best players since DSBL 3, when i was in my first squad called Psirens.

The first DSB World War League I played with Team Finland and I did win that league with a few matches played and that league roster for Team Finland could have been seen from that old website league.nu, but they were deleted ages ago before the website was even shut down for no reason? I have no idea what the hell staff or whoever decided to take down those leagues had in mind. Another thing I have still thought about somewhat is that why Hoch wanted to shut down DSB? What was the reason for this again? Was this a plan all from DSB STAFF had at that time to bring down DSB?? Maybe DSB's future was already being planned from that time of Hoch and things would go as they are today? Just an interesting view in my opinion.

enough said.......

Detector

Post by Detector »

Detector wrote:If only DSB came back alive someday and the DSB Leagues could continue then. I think this is useless to wish for right now because it ain't going to make a comeback anymore and that's been seen already.

What makes me visit SS these days are old friends to chat with about the old but gold past to DSB, nothing else really... i think it's about time to close this zone forever... because its been dead for some years now? It's sad to see DSB in pain from emptiness from a long time.

Next im going to list the best players in DSB in my opinion there were: kemi, saiyan, Makron, Comm, Xiver, sunnypsyop (Mr. Self Destrust), Matioso, Pater Punishment, Royale, ShadowVT, Loz, Fetcher, esidebob, Butcher (Butch), kooma, Nerv0u$, Snake_eye

I did win all of these players i mentioned in a 1v1 duel in DSB except saiyan and maybe esidebob (in fact i don't remember if i did actually win esidebob a few times before, but he did retire pretty damn fast after League 3 or 4 in DSB, so it could have been a long time ago since we dueled). During the time DarkSide Squadron was alive there were dueling tournaments held in their private arena in the duel boxes. I won a complete duel tournament 2 or 3 times during my career as a DarkSide Squadron pilot and i got a few of those award badges in my DS profile at that time in the DarkSide Squadron website. That was a great experience from DS. At duel arena i used to duel ShadowVT (he was the owner of The Grail at that time) and he used Weasel to duel Vs. me (in a Warbird) and he played exactly like Makron did at his best in a Weasel (as i've dueled Makron in a Weasel too from DT tournaments) and ShadowVT was a very accurate pilot. Butcher I have won in a 1v1 Warbird and 1v1 Terrier duel before, i remember winning him in duel serie to 5 with 5-4, this was the time from during DSBL 2 or 3 when pilots dueled before the DSBL matches.

I did play a lot with Comm in squads like Inducers, LEGO and RH from BABL aswell (where we finished 2nd in the finals, only league saiyan lost in his DSB career i think). With Inducers we won the 6v6 League in DSB and aswell the last 12v12 League with saiyan and company that was played North+East and South+West in 2 halfs. In both of these Leagues (6v6 and 12v12) one of my wingmen happened to be Comm (Kokain was his last used nickname from RH or Inducers i think). However i think its sad to know that the other wingman i had in the last 12v12 DSB League Final match Ultimahora did die in a car crash IRL a year later (RIP), after his cousin in SS (his cousins nickname i can't remember right now) told me about it after i asked about Ultimahora. From my DSB career I have met the best players, dueled the best players and played vs the best players since DSBL 3, when i was in my first squad called Psirens.

The first DSB World War League I played with Team Finland and I did win that league with a few matches played and that league roster for Team Finland could have been seen from that old website league.nu, but they were deleted ages ago before the website was even shut down for no reason? I have no idea what the hell staff or whoever decided to take down those leagues had in mind. Another thing I have still thought about somewhat is that why Hoch wanted to shut down DSB? What was the reason for this again? Was this a plan all from DSB STAFF had at that time to bring down DSB?? Maybe DSB's future was already being planned from that time of Hoch and things would go as they are today? Just an interesting view in my opinion.

enough said.......
About 12v12 DSBL14 with Inducers, i don't remember now did saiyan play with Inducers or not after all?

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

In hindsight I agree with Hoch's plan to shut down DSB and take a year to go out with a bang. The way the zone slowly died and faded into obscurity was very sad.

When I die I hope it's quick and not slow and painful.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I guess the problem isn't whether it happens slowly but how it was solely one man's decision and that wasn't right.
Someone who hasn't partaken in leagues in several years should not just randomly decide to kill the zone.