DSB improvement tasklist and more

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Ssseth

Re: DSB improvement tasklist and more

Post by Ssseth »

I texted my brother L()ki and he just said there was 126 now! BH your should screenshot this and mass email again. A miracle has taken place!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Havoc

Post by Havoc »

Was a great first night. Alot of the oldies are back (we do have a long way to go though) played some pracs and had a blast playing pub like old times. The vets seemed to be a bit more caring than before addressing newbie players questions with less emphasis on trolling.

My current in-game nickname is Grom btw. So hit me up if you need anything 8-)

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

DSB Population peaked at 134 last night and our public was 34vs34 at one point while there was two practices going on. Public is still running - has been for over 24 hours now. Continuum is still on top 10 hot new releases list on Steam (not number one anymore tho). We've started strong and hard - now we must keep this up and not let it fade away ever again! I'm laughing outside and crying a couple nostalgy related tears inside. :oops: :shock:

PS. Gotta give big thumbs up to all the veterans who've showed up so far and helped out. Really great to see the new players having a warm welcome and people there ready to help them through their first steps inside our magical deathstar far far away in the internet.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

It was pretty awesome. It really died down after around midnight Pacific Time but that is normal from back in the day as well. I hung around from about 02:00-03:00 essentially just me or maybe 1 or 2 others but it started picking up around 3 in the morning so that was my queue for bed.

All said, I played about 7-8 hours yesterday. It was a blast! I won't be able to keep up that pace but I will try and login when I can.

Regarding helping new players out, there were two things that jumped out at me.

1. SS wasn't originally built for the high resolutions we have by default today and the client defaults to a small font size at high resolutions. I was trying to private message new folks offering help but they didn't see it. Can the client be set to default to medium or large font size instead? When I did get one guys attention he asked about voice chat. I guess newer folks just expect voice chat these days. Man a lot has changed in 20 years!

2. Learning to attach is one of the key skills for a new player to learn. Maybe add that to the green help messages if it isn't there already.

All in all, it totally blew my expectations out of the water. Fun night!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Havoc

Post by Havoc »

I was running the game at 1080p/120hz it was pretty good. I felt like I had an advantage while playing.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Advantage how? Seeing more of the zone? I think a large majority of players these days have 1080p+ monitors. Maybe not all laptops but most desktops for sure.

Havoc

Post by Havoc »

When i used to play this game i used to play it on a 15" laptop :P

predator

Post by predator »

How about activating sectors in pub based on how many players are in.. Start with an idea like this and drop it if it doesn't work or modify it?

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

predator wrote:How about activating sectors in pub based on how many players are in.. Start with an idea like this and drop it if it doesn't work or modify it?
That idea is in the works and will be finished at some point when our development team gets it done.

wo

Post by wo »

Havoc wrote:When i used to play this game i used to play it on a 15" laptop :P
lol nice excuse