Any oldies still playing?

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Vainamoinen

Any oldies still playing?

Post by Vainamoinen »

Hi everyone!

I used to play dsp 10 years ago with names Vainamoinen And Inseminator (I'm not offended if nobody doesn't remember) and tonight this legendary game popped in to my mind for some reason and I started to wonder if there is still oldies playing?!

Tembest

Re: Any oldies still playing?

Post by Tembest »

Hey vaino,

I guess the few remaining people are all oldies. I've been here for 18 years now, and I do recall your name even though I guess we never spoke a lot. So, welcome back ;)

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Olla. DSB is mostly dead, it was still somewhat active though as recently as a year or two ago. I believe some other zones are still active though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

TW is rolling somewhat steadily.

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

Hi,

we play pracs sometimes, if you wanna join in then there is fb group, under the name of deathstarbattle.

Vainamoinen

Post by Vainamoinen »

Sad to hear that dsb is almost dead.. But I can still log on and fly around just for good memories. And maybe see some old players like you three. Beer Hunter and EntrOpy are also around I see :)

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

I havent played since 2003 or so. I'm just a forum junkie that hung around to stay part of the community. :mrgreen:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Yup I'm around whenever I can, there's not much happening in DSB tho. I never thought life would make me occupied but it apparently happened so I'm down to 5 hours per week activity wise (before it was more like 10 hours a day). Obviously because leagues are not happening anymore in DSB I've moved to play TW leagues because I still need to get my 15 minutes of competitive gaming each week. Would prefer DSB Leagues any time but with our current population it ain't happening. :oops: :cry:

PS. Welcome back Vainamoinen, I remember you. ;)

ID01

Post by ID01 »

I still drop by once every few months just to check on things. Memories of DSBL3 will never ever go away. I'm keeping it.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Keeping what? The memories? Hell ya!

I will never forget my first league match playing with RIP (which became DarkSide) against Protection. I think it was L2. We got out butts kicked but they kicked most folks butts back then!