Any oldies still playing?

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

Re: Any oldies still playing?

Post by Beer Hunter »

GoT kick's butt. Hopefully nobody will spoil the next season, I'm waiting for the Blu-Ray release and it's a long wait. Release date is February 2016 :D I don't follow that many shows anymore because somehow some of the excitement has disappeared and you just start thinking how they've done it or rewind to watch nice cut/shift from scene to another again - not to mention noticing flaws in the sound design. :roll:

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Interesting take. I don't ever notice stuff like that in shows. Not in movies either.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

It does not hit average viewer so hard because you're more into the movie/series itself and a lot of mistakes can be forgiven that way. Working behind the camera makes it easier to notice if things go wrong. Usually the mistakes are really small and do not really change the viewing experience but yet so noticeable. :shock:

Manwh0re

Post by Manwh0re »

This is completely off-topic, but I was just being nostalgic today, and I remembered this group from an old SNES game forum who would all come play in a private arena in DSB like once a year. They'd settle on a day a few weeks in advance and just do random DSB activities, sometimes mod-hosted. Anyway, the reason I mention this, is I know that we can't just magically resurrect DSB to its heydays on a 24/7 basis, but maybe we could start some sort of annual or semi-annual tradition of picking a weekend to just hop on and pub? Easier for our "adult" lifestyles to accommodate. Oh and lol @ all the Vietnamese Man Hos

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I love the idea. At least it is worth giving a try. Some dates easy to remember, such as every first Sunday of March and September we would gather together
and play. I could make it twice a year ;)

Someone might be more optimistic and try something like 1.3 1.6. 1.9. 1.12

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Somebody could try to arrange such days when people should gather to DSB. We could probably host something at very least. Should use FB and several other messaging platforms to reach the most of the possible players who could come online. Arranging this is time consuming - who is up for that? :? (As an example, the reach of these forums is probably max 20 players while FB reaches roughly 80-100 out of those 140 or so in the FB group and for those who do not use FB - e-mail is your best shot).

PS. We just played for a while in DSB - was kind of fun and surprising feeling to actually see somebody flying there.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

That is a neat idea. I'm sure a few folks would come. I'd consider it if I had enough notice.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

What is the time consuming part? You send out an email, FB message and post on forums and hope for the best. Next time you just change the dates and use the same message. If you have the emails ready, this would take max. 30 minutes and the next time max 10.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Yeah well does somebody want to do it then? Oh wait, I'll dig up the e-mails and see what I can do. :lol:

Manwh0re

Post by Manwh0re »

Might not hurt to put the upcoming "DSB reunion" date at the top of news.txt, perhaps a periodic *zone msg, and maybe even as a bot PM when you enter DSB.