Any oldies still playing?

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Ssseth

Re: Any oldies still playing?

Post by Ssseth »

Tembest wrote:Manhoe that tip of advice just granted you the freedom to post whenever (if) you feel like it!

Oh that's true Seth! I had forgotten about your little "convention" forum :)
You got an American, Finn, Dane, Englishman, Dutch, Brazilian. Any more? That's some versatile group there :)

Is someone besides you kemi and Starpo active still?
Well thanks for outing the gang, but ya it's mostly just kemi and Starpo left now. It's weird to use their forum names since I've known them for so long. Milk was one of the last ones that dropped off a year or so ago. There have been many others as well over the years but that's the recent gang. Hoch was a member as well back in the day, talking about all his English legal stuff, top hat and all I assume.

Anyway, ya... there is a history to this place that I can remember very distinctively... which is why I guess I get Nostalgic over it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Starpo

Post by Starpo »

:mrgreen:

kemi

Post by kemi »

Yes over the last few years Comm, Cybersee and HC dropped together with Milk from our little conversation :)

Manwh0re

Post by Manwh0re »

A group of my friends from undergrad get together every year for a few days, and even though it's a fun time it's always a bit depressing when we're reminded that we'll never be as close as we used to.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Yea, it's a pity... the funny thing with SS friends is that you might have never met the people but you know absolutely everything about their lives. I have met more than 50 face to face though, and accommodated more than 10 of them. Dutch, Americans, Swedes, Finns.. Have lots of people on Facebook, Whatsapp, etc. been to a wedding. Some good memories, and now it's fading away a little. I don't speak a lot with anyone these days. I guess we are growing up, too busy, (yes I know you're a decade older than anyone else Ssseth ;)

I think Xistence meeting back in the day was the nicest ever. Out of appr 35 members like 20-25 showed up to a meeting at Ondskan's place I think. We had Norwegian, swede, Dutch, etc

Have to give credit to FB though. Otherwise I'm not really a fan of it but it's really nice to know how folks you've grown up with are doing. Take kemi, Comm, CC for example. I rarely speak with anyone but I know what they're up to in their lives.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

I only met starpo in real life a couple years ago. I was in the Netherlands on a business trip. I'm in western Canada though so very remote. In Europe everything is so close!

I never got on the Facebook bandwagon. I sort of regret it some days.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

It's not too late to get on FB. I think it's nice. I have seriously posted something on my wall less than 10 times in 9 years.

I recommend it simple to be able to follow folks and chat live with people.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Have they fixed the privacy issues from years ago? I don't like my real life name being on the Internet.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I don't know. I have a couple of pictures, an email address, no phone number, no birthday. I don't even know the password for the email, and then a few updates about my life. I could not care less if someone got full access to those. Likelihood of abuse is zero.

But in case it still bothers you, you can join Facebook as Ssseth or whatever you feel like. That's what Hoch did.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Oh ya I never thought of that. I think it's too late at this juncture. The DSB ship has sailed.