Any oldies still playing?

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Manwh0re

Re: Any oldies still playing?

Post by Manwh0re »

I second September, let's give it plenty of time for people to see it. Perhaps we should avoid the first weekend in September though since a lot of folks go on vacation for Labor Day.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Also kids go back to school early in September. I know a lot of us have kids now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

forworn

Post by forworn »

i may or may not be remembered, but i remember everyone in this thread, and i miss you guys, and dsb...

i would definitely show up for a reunion get-together in-game!

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Spread the word! Well I guess we need a date first :/

I recall your name for sure, nice to see folks pop by from time to time. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Manwh0re

Post by Manwh0re »

As far as dates, I would nominate any Sunday in September or October except Sept 6 (Labor Day). Sunday is better than Saturday, right? I guess I'm just assuming that though

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Sunday September 13? Lucky number 13! :/

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Read my announcement - we're expecting some company on July 3rd. That needs to be our first day to try to gather as big company online as possible! We can have these "remembering the old days" gatherings still planned normally but I'd really like to see some of you online on July 3rd as well.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Beer Hunter wrote:Read my announcement - we're expecting some company on July 3rd. That needs to be our first day to try to gather as big company online as possible! We can have these "remembering the old days" gatherings still planned normally but I'd really like to see some of you online on July 3rd as well.
Awesome! I can't believe that finally happened. Is that also the weekend the Steam Summer sale starts? I know it's a long weekend in the U.S. (Independence Day). I know it's not traditionally busy in the past in DSB, but from a Steam perspective holidays are HUGE for drawing in folks that have the extra time on their hands (aka the kids that could help repopulate our aging community).

I'd suggest to use all the communication channels we've already discussed and raise the alarm bells and also mention the upcoming bi-annual or quarterly or whatever thing we were working on as well at the same time.

Need any help drafting up any of the communications or organizing anything?

kemi

Post by kemi »

Trench Wars already sent out their newsletter yesterday regarding this to activate old reps as well for the 3rd :)

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

We could inform about this via FB.