Priceless quote by Pater

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Seriel Killer

Priceless quote by Pater

Post by Seriel Killer »

Pater Puni> i dream i could face someone with non-terrible (+200ms) lag, the era of broadband has been for 20 years and you are still using some less than 56k modem tech to play
Pater Puni> eridu: coin flip or?
Seriel Kil> ROFLMAO
Seriel Kil> Nobody tought you that it doesn't matter how much bandwidth you have?
Seriel Kil> oh the irony
:lol:

Ssseth

Re: Priceless quote by Pater

Post by Ssseth »

56k? n00b 2600 baud ftw!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Europeans generally have better internet than North Americans. It's cheaper, faster etc. North America, that means USA and Canada ranks 40th in the world when it comes to internet speed and quality. That being said despite faster internet in Europe and other countries the speeds get throttled across the Atlantic Ocean lines. That's why people in EU lag when really their internet is better than mine, yet I get 20ms, because my connection isn't being throttled on it's way across the Atlantic ocean. The server is in USA, so It's right there for me.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Yap, back in the days when server was in Finland I had 10-30ms ping on 256k adsl. Now I have a 100mb adsl and a ping of 140ms.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

It's all about the latency.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Seriel Killer

Post by Seriel Killer »

lol Ssseth, nice pic :lol:

Detector

Post by Detector »

When the time of DSB is over, i'm gonna get sad for a while. It was a blast playing the best zone in SS, DSB. Also don't forget to announce about the shutting down DSB part on ssforum.