Thoughts about the cyber attack

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Hoch

Re: Thoughts about the cyber attack

Post by Hoch »

Tembest wrote:Come on, Hoch was a lawyer, and even knew the person responsible for the DSB attack but could not get him legally responsible. Research suggest roughly
30,000 websites become infected every day. Anyhow, internet crime is like impossible to control.
Not to be too pedantic but back in 2005 it was less complicated. Tracing Darkboris' activities was a lot easier and
the Dutch authorities were very good about the whole thing. Ultimately, it did come down legal technicalities. This
really an interesting area of the law that continue to evolve but will always lag behind given the global nature of
those committing the acts.

H

DarkBoris

Post by DarkBoris »

Hoch wrote: Tracing Darkboris' activities was a lot easier
This must be why you waited a couple of months before actually bringing out the evidence and trying to ban me.

Hoch

Post by Hoch »

DarkBoris wrote:
Hoch wrote: Tracing Darkboris' activities was a lot easier
This must be why you waited a couple of months before actually bringing out the evidence and trying to ban me.
If you're going to quote me at least have the decency to do the whole thing and address the relevant
part :roll:

Perhaps I'll simplify for you DarkBoris: the in-game evidence was conclusive but as I wrote outside
of the quoted area legal technicalities presented particular hurdles. Ultimately, I had to weigh up
just how far I was willing to pursue the matter. As you may recall the ban in-game was quite swift,
as was your evasion. Evading netbans is hardly a difficult task and you proved that point on more
than one occasion. But that was the system I had to work with and I defended the zone to the best
of my capabilities.

Let's try not to re-write (ancient) history, shall we.

H

DarkBoris

Post by DarkBoris »

Haha still lying even after almost a decade.

You did not ban me within days, it took months.

I have played for months on the DarkBoris alias. I am sure people will confirm.

This is an easy pick:
A. I can evade nickname bans.
B. "quite swift" means a couple of months
C. Hoch is lying

Hoch

Post by Hoch »

If you want to get into a pissing contest on a settled piece of history be my guest.
I'll go stand over there -----> :lol:

The point of my post was to highlight that it is frustrating when a DDOS occurs and
how difficult it is to treat the threat, as was the case with you. The threat should be
confronted and dealt with where practically possible.

Hey ho,

H

DarkBoris

Post by DarkBoris »

Contest implies effort. Exposing your lies required no such thing.

You might get your point across if you refrain from lies, like you did in your last paragraph.

Mu$tard

Post by Mu$tard »

Out of all the days, years, and hours that I Mu$tard still reigning God of DSB types deathstarbattle into google and comes across the forums. I see Hoch, the man responsible of lifelong ban of the DSB old forums.

Hi hoch :)

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

OMG, Hoch lives!!!

Hey man, drop by our old hang out. There are still a few of us left. We've missed you. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Although... On second thought why do I have a sneaking suspicion we are being trolled. What's the chances both Hoch and DB make their return to a dead DSB forum to continue a 9 year old argument mere hours apart from each other?...

Too good to be true?

Hoch = DB?!?
DB = Hoch!?!

Man I miss having other people to talk to around here :/
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Hoch wrote:
Tembest wrote:Come on, Hoch was a lawyer, and even knew the person responsible for the DSB attack but could not get him legally responsible. Research suggest roughly
30,000 websites become infected every day. Anyhow, internet crime is like impossible to control.
Not to be too pedantic but back in 2005 it was less complicated. Tracing Darkboris' activities was a lot easier and
the Dutch authorities were very good about the whole thing. Ultimately, it did come down legal technicalities. This
really an interesting area of the law that continue to evolve but will always lag behind given the global nature of
those committing the acts.

H
Are you telling me it was 2005? Holy s... time flies fast. This pretty much confirms that to convict anyone it takes
almost a miracle. Personally, as long as it does not occur again, I do not even care. I wish they focused on improving
the game instead.