Thoughts about the cyber attack

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Rasher

Re: Thoughts about the cyber attack

Post by Rasher »

Seriel Killer wrote:I pick:

E. Rasher is not really here.
I don't know about Hoch and DB, but I am in fact myself. That being said, judging by how butthurt DB seems - I'd say it's him.

What I was saying DB corroborates both Hoch and your story. You were in fact banned within the first couple days of the DDoS however you evaded it (and we were getting really tired of all the banned user login spam). You were then unbanned by Hoch for several months. That's how I remember it.

I have no reason to lie considering I have no loyalty or involvement with any parties what so ever that relate to this game (with the exception of the Fantasy Basketball pool of course!).

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Yea, it's coming to my mind as well. DB was banned right away, after which he started to use another nick/nicks for a little while. Then I remember someone
unbanned him because of unclarity of the situation, or at least that's what I was told. Anyhow I actually do remember the story as Rasher put it.

If we cared enough we could even check the date DB was banned in matter of minutes.

I guess the point of this debate was that fighting internet crime is extremely hard, and even if you know for sure who was responsible getting them to face
legal consequences is not so simple.

Seriel Killer

Post by Seriel Killer »

Tembest wrote:Yea, it's coming to my mind as well. DB was banned right away, after which he started to use another nick/nicks for a little while. Then I remember someone
unbanned him because of unclarity of the situation, or at least that's what I was told. Anyhow I actually do remember the story as Rasher put it.

If we cared enough we could even check the date DB was banned in matter of minutes.

I guess the point of this debate was that fighting internet crime is extremely hard, and even if you know for sure who was responsible getting them to face
You still have powers in dsb? :P

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Seriel Killer wrote:
Tembest wrote:Yea, it's coming to my mind as well. DB was banned right away, after which he started to use another nick/nicks for a little while. Then I remember someone

You still have powers in dsb? :P
Umm.. yea.. I even played last league.

Seriel Killer

Post by Seriel Killer »

Take over and do things right for a change :/

DarkBoris

Post by DarkBoris »

Tembest wrote:If we cared enough we could even check the date DB was banned in matter of minutes.
if you did it would show im right. Off course no one cares anymore. The real problem is no one in staff cared to be transparent back in the day.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Seriel Killer wrote:Take over and do things right for a change :/
I can't just take over you know. It's Fly, Eridu and Beer who are running the zone. :)
DarkBoris wrote:The real problem is no one in staff cared to be transparent back in the day.
Have to agree on that...

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

What "zone"? Isn't it dead? Hard to be in charge of something that no longer exists :/
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Ssseth wrote:What "zone"? Isn't it dead? Hard to be in charge of something that no longer exists :/
They're still playing league, so I wouldn't call it dead. Dead to some extent? Yes. Been for about 6 years.

the_real_the_snake

Post by the_real_the_snake »

who the fuck hacked this website and brought back db and hoch :/