first präk in years

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

hello

Re: first präk in years

Post by hello »

Detector wrote:
Trolling? Rising Star... even capitalised both... give me a break. Rising Star was actually a top LEGO player back in the days. Why would anyone call you by
his nick? Superstar, sure. On Sunday I saw someone call Jesster a superstar.

Besides, Delic did not call you a bad player. He just called "bragging about non-existent achievements" a "Detector moment", and I'm
sorry but you have obtained that reputation all by yourself.
Rising Stars of DSBL, I was one of them back in the days and there was a topic about that too in the old DSB Forums, aswell one where I was a DSBL Superstar. Stop bullshitting now about me not achieving anything, i've won for example DSBL 14, AML, DSB's 6v6 League, DSB's World War 1 and i'm still Number 1 on the Duel Tournament list, so please keep your mouth shut unless you have nothing else than bad things to say about me. I know my reputation, so again stop claiming I have a bad one. Also, the MVP list is wrong atm. as I mentioned earlier.
Firstly, there was a DSBL14? Lol. Second, no good player would ever brag about winning AML. 6vs6 is nothing to brag about either, and World War one?...... Not sure if serious or trolling. And lasttly........ You're #1 on the duel tournament list only because you played the most of them.

Lets keep it real Detector, if someone were to have told me I was playing vs Detector in any game I would be jumping for joy because I know its going to be a disgustingly easy win and MVP.

Your constant posting about your achievements would be fine if they were actually worth a damn. None of them are, however.

Detector

Post by Detector »

Coward, post with your real nickname, or at least say who you are. Or else GTFO. Also you said I played the most, you forgot I won the most. That's why I have 70 Tournament wins and 2nd best has what? 52-53 DT wins. I'm sure I missed a lot of Duel Tournaments too in my SS career, so fuck off to mention with that I only "played the most".

Detector

Post by Detector »

If there will be new DSB forums one day, I won't be around there anymore, haters gonna hate me there maybe, because they will remember how they got their ass kicked in dueling by me. You really think I take this game serious? I've been done with playing DSB since a year ago about, ever since I won DSBL 14. Anyway, there's been too much idiotic talking in DSB forums for sometime about who is best and who isn't. I'm tired of it. I don't care about MVP list anymore, since STAFF perhaps won't do anything about it when there are either an "inner circle" of certain specific DSB players involved talking to STAFF or then they're just selfish enough.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Vanish was in flag race everyday, beat detectors score, and then got owned again. Happened like 10 times, and then vanish gave up, though I actually think he couldn't beat the last score. By your argument the whole game is worthless, and every record is meaningless, and I would agree. It's rarely about skill and more about time invested, in which case if you are a loser like vanish you will be flag racing into the A.M trying to beat a record which really amounts to nothing. Rea thought he was tough shit too, then he tried to tell me how he's successful in real life because he is an entrepreneur and is selling INK cartridges online. Considering how many morons exist in the world, it's not hard to profit off them.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Sorry Falc, I'm far more pathetic than Detector or Bestie if that's the measure.
Detector wrote:
Regardless, it seems like Tembest is the king of FLagracing
Nice time there. 3:17.93. Still don't mean I wont try to make a similar time someday. Keep the bot in use.
But in general the problem is how we list records... ok first of all most games have so many random elements, such as who are you dueling against etc. but
that's acceptable. The problem is that we list number of wins? That will automatically go to the person who has played the most. Most MVP's? Deaths do not
matter? 100-200 and you're MVP. DT record 70-700 and you're #1. I played like maybe 20 dt's in total and won perhaps 10-15 of those. Beastie played
probably 30-40 and won like 80 %, doesn't that make him or even I better than the current #1? Or anyone there inbetween who has a better win/lose ratio,
given that this person has participated in enough dt's to determine it.

You could even look at ratio alone, kills-deaths in duel. Wins don't mean anything. I have no idea why we have started to list so meaningless things
absolutely no one (but Dete) cares.

There are so many endless problems with all the lists we have that it's ridiculous. AML records against real league? Check games won ratio. Check kills
deaths ratio. Check the ratio of everything and you have the winner. But I guess the lists were created this way in the first place to boost activity and
reward the people who play the most. I guess they who play the most deserve to be happy then ;)

kemi

Post by kemi »

True

Guys like Beastie and Makron always had nice ratio's - mine was always worse because I died more :) All about the rockets ;)

And the combination of kills - deaths - flagtocuhes - bell flags etc. is the true value of the played but then you haven't even filtered in support for team mates etc ... The Rating tried to measures this but that is tough to set up the right formula for as well. :)

I always like platers like Tinkles, Sublett, Tembest etc - but they rarely appeared on the top of any lists...

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Well that's of course another point. But it's understandable creating ratings that would monitor everything is impossible. No bot measures saving someone
else's ass, holding an important rally point, keeping everyone emped, etc. Good players have their own list of the best players on DSB and we all see things
a little differently, it's acceptable.

Still I believe measuring any ratio of something is smarter than the total number. In league, rankings are almost impossible to create. I was more of referring
to dt's won, elims won, etc. But as I mentioned before, I guess it's also a good thing to reward activity even though it may create delusions.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

I just was cleaning up some old files and ran across that rap song someone made. Was that Delic? So hard to remember.

Classic.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

"I believe that if they set aside their law, as and when they wish, their law no longer has rightful authority over us, all they have over us then is tyranny. And I will not live under that yoke."

No better words to describe this shit hole have ever been uttered.

kemi

Post by kemi »

Ssseth wrote:I just was cleaning up some old files and ran across that rap song someone made. Was that Delic? So hard to remember.

Classic.
Wasn't iot SUPERGm who made it?