Just Another Quitting Thread

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Fly Swatter

Re: Just Another Quitting Thread

Post by Fly Swatter »

If anyone cares to save it they better hurry. I'm not doing it myself, i have no time atm, but i can certainly assist. I have access to just about everything and the green light to do it..

-Fly

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Well everyone prob got busy during holidays. I have a lot of school to focus on. Things will die down again for me beginning February 7th. I'll be free to work on some things for DSB from then until April, by which time I'll have to focus on exams for a week or two and then I get summer break. Of which I can devote sometime to personal interests. This is why it's better to have various people with levels access so even when one person is busy, others can work independently of them. We can't all fucking rely on one person like we did with Entropy if we expect a successful zone. And we can't all be waiting for fly swatter to upload our shit. Because if he ever gets busy he won't be around or do it in a way that is in sync with the dev team. This just allows for missed opportunities. Peoples time and motivation doesn't last forever.

As for the squad, east is an important sector because of the possibility for long locks. If anything a captain should be fine playing you anywhere BUT east. So putting you only east, and not in other sectors you prefer seems a bit backwards to me. Especially if you said hey I'm better North/south etc. I usually used to ask my team. Where are you good, and where do you want to play? And found a compromise between the two. Sometimes had them somewhere they didn't want to be for one half. Sometimes for one game. But definitely not every game.

Gurliver

Post by Gurliver »

First of all. Im sorry to hear that dsb looses another player. Hope You miss it and come back!

Im also sad to hear that You are annoyed with me. Especially when You never asked me if You could play with Bran or that You never told me that You didnt like east or what ever sector.

During this league i tried to field every one on roster that showed for a game. Even if You showed a bit late. By doing that atleast every one got to play. Maybe not their favourite sector or with their favourite teammates but still play. Wich i think is important since dsb is in the state it is..

Any how. Sad to see You go. Take care and good luck in life.

/Gurliver

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Isn't it the job of a squad captain to ask, or otherwise find out where people can/want to play? Should I have just come with a list of demands instead?

You know I'm not someone who makes demands and gets annoyed in front of everyone. The first time you benched me, I actually said it was OK because I'd showed up a little late for the 1st of the two pracs. The second time pissed me off a lot, but still, I just left without saying anything. You even asked in a PM if I could play that time! I said yes, but you didn't play me anyway. Was that just to piss me off? You played Jurassic in both pracs that day, so don't talk about trying to let everyone play. Anyway, despite being annoyed with that, I'm not one to bitch and whine in front of you or anyone. Should I have? It seems like I should have been a demanding asshole to get to play and be listened to.

BTW I like east. I just didn't want to be stuck there 24/7. Also, Bran and me played together all the time. We even used the same squad tag. We also mentioned playing together quite a lot in team chat.

Anyway, forget it. This is a waste of time.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

GKUA

Post by GKUA »

You're acting a bit silly Jim.
jim the chin wrote:Isn't it the job of a squad captain to ask, or otherwise find out where people can/want to play? Should I have just come with a list of demands instead?[...]
It seems like I should have been a demanding asshole to get to play and be listened to.
Those are the only 2 options?: 1) be silent, because the captain should identify and carry out your wishes anyway, or 2) be a demanding asshole.
It can be much easier, e.g.: "Hey Gurliver, you fielded me in area X, but i'd actually like to play here and with person X in the future". Easy, no?
You know I'm not someone who makes demands and gets annoyed in front of everyone.

But you wrote about your being annoyed on the DSB forums right now...
You even asked in a PM if I could play that time! I said yes, but you didn't play me anyway. Was that just to piss me off?

What a strange assumption...Just checking who is available would be the most logical option, to me atleast. It has happened to me too...
You played Jurassic in both pracs that day, so don't talk about trying to let everyone play
I think every active player that showed up during the league, has played atleast one match, so Gurliver can definitely talk about that.
Also, Bran and me played together all the time. We even used the same squad tag. We also mentioned playing together quite a lot in team chat.
Woohoo...you even used the same squad tag. Once again, why should it be so difficult? "Hey captain, i'd like to play with Bran Man in the future". Easy, no?

You seem intent on being a victim, i don't know why, but it's a bit annoying. Nevertheless, I wish you all the best with whatever you're going to spend your free time on.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Oh fuck off GKUA.

I already explained that my overwhelming reason for quitting was because I was playing crap. The stuff about not getting to play in a couple of matches was something I really didn't care much about. You want to make it the most important thing so you can pretend I'm being a victim here. No, it's just my reflections on a shit squad captain. If I felt victimized, I would have gotten into an argument at the time. I wouldn't have just said "oh that's fine" after the first time. I wouldn't have just left the arena quietly after the second time. I'm quite happy to let shit captains be shit captains in their own time. This seems to be what everyone else wants to talk about though; so i got drawn into elaborating, and now I have to deal with people like you who just want to stir shit up and twist it.

I only mentioned it now because it seemed like the right time. I didn't want to create animosity and arguments while I was still playing for the squad. There's nothing worse than someone bitching and moaning in squad chat. I'm sorry that mentioning it now offended Gurliver's ego and inspired you to defend your cap in this way. To answer you, I didn't expect him to "identify and carry out my wishes". Where the fuck did you get that from? You're just twisting my words. I expect a good cap to ask where his team wants to play and what positions they're good in. How else is a cap supposed to make an informed decision about line-ups? That's my opinion, and I think it's a fairly sensible opinion to have.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

You both have good points.

But anyway speaking for myself, I would actually encourage my squad to bitch and complain at me. Generally it makes me aware to any mistakes I might be making, helps me improve the squad in the long term. I just take it as constructive criticism even if it's filled with fuck you's. To a troll god that's not rude at all. People are bound to get frustrated for various reasons in a squad. My only squad rules were, not to smurf, cheat, or insult other members of the squad. The captain being myself were exempt, people could insult me if they wanted. People were also free to insult, troll anyone not in the squad. But this rarely if ever happened, my squad consisted of angels. I was the devil by comparison.

Being a silent victim is sort of dumb. It reminds me how you got upset I called you a ballerina and used your real name in chat. Not in terms of exposing your name by the way, but only to satisfy my joke that I was telling you. Considering you posted that information all over the internet, and on ssforums it never even occurred to me I was exposing sensitive information. Again I was just trying to satisfy my pun on your name. Then I only found out you were upset 8 months later.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

falconeer wrote:It reminds me how you got upset I called you a ballerina and used your real name in chat. Not in terms of exposing your name by the way, but only to satisfy my joke that I was telling you. Considering you posted that information all over the internet, and on ssforums it never even occurred to me I was exposing sensitive information. Again I was just trying to satisfy my pun on your name. Then I only found out you were upset 8 months later.
ROFL, this again...

If that really upset me, why is it you that keeps bringing it up? The first and only time I mentioned it was to burst your bubble about being a responsible person. There was talk of you getting access to other people's personal information via a takeover of the forum, so I gave an example of why you can't be trusted with it. All you're doing by constantly trying to troll me about this matter now is show everyone how much it upset you. At the time it was relevant and needed to be said, but it's time you got over it.
Being a silent victim is sort of dumb.
Haha, good trolling but a bit predictable of you to jump on GKUA's bandwagon with the victim talk.

I’m sorry my opinion on quality captaining offended some people, but I’m not wrong. Even if I am, it’s my opinion and I’m entitled to it. I thought I was being quite respectable and reasonable by keeping my opinion off the squad chat, but I wasn't about to hold back here. Even so, it’s a side point that I got drawn into elaborating on. It’s not the reason I quit. It didn’t even annoy me that much. I get that you're both pushing the victim angle to discredit what I've said (What do they call that? An ad-hominem argument?) but I honestly don't care enough to say any more about it. So rather than repeating myself and keeping this going, I’ll be going instead.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

I think you misunderstand me. I never tried to hide the fact that I care about certain things. So something bothering me isn't anything to be ashamed of, not a weakness, in fact I embrace the fact that I care enough about things to complain about them. This is the very foundation of my trolling. I care, therefore I troll. It's no secret MANY things bother me, especially about this zone.

It did upset you that's why you brought it up 8 months later. All that aside my only allegiance is to the truth. You made some wild accusations without any evidence. You claimed the event happened two months ago sometime in October after my ban ended. That's impossible I was busy that whole time with mapping, never talked to you, and was busy focusing on the inept staff of the zone. Also I have proof to some extent that my joke about your name happened in Feb/March/April of 2013 (or at least before my ban ended in DSB) because I have e-mails from back then. I e-mailed you around that time about how I found your blog, and we were talking back and forth about some Philosophy. That is the time I would have seen your real name, came up with the joke, logged on from another zone when I was banned in DSB and typed in DSB chat the joke to you. Not to mention I've had your e-mail from 2011/2012 (need to check), so I've known your real name and personal information of that regard for quite some time. So if I was on a mission to reveal and destroy you I would have done it a lot earlier. Like I said i only said your name because I was talking to you in the DSB chat, and because the name was already made public. And I have a good memory, I remember the event clearly. You also claimed I did it to reveal information, and that's not the case. So until you accept that you'll just have to deal with me bringing it up until the end of time until some form of truth is agreed upon. That is just how I am, you can attribute it to troll god persistence, vigilance, tenacity.

Last, you need to be given responsibility in order to be a responsible person. I owe nothing to anyone until that time. I will troll and be free and be the way I want and only be diplomatic when I choose to be until the time I have responsibilities beyond that of a player. I had more responsibility as a squad captain and my behavior toward my squad mates reflected that. If I ran the zone, I would be too busy too troll and it wouldn't be in the best interests of my goals to help the zone and grow the player base.

edthesock

Post by edthesock »

fags