The King

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Mu$tard

The King

Post by Mu$tard »

Hi all,

Considering the weather is just terrible and I have some time to kill this evening. I Mu$tard ex-king of dsb decided to type death star battle into Google. Remember now I spent a good 10 years playing this game and I thought I would check out the forum. Its been almost 3 years since I logged into DSB I think this has to do with the fact that I had a nice desktop computer. Now Mu$tard has a tablet and laptop which are just no suitable for Subspace.

By the looks of things I have to say its pretty sad to see this once amazing game with great people has become crippled. I can understand why; the core players have lives, family, marriage, stable careers this is the reason this is dead. We all know the shitty graphics and how old the game is pretty much the reason why this game just does not appeal to new generations.

All I want to say is coming back tonight brought back some nostalgic feelings. Its awesome to see Ssseth on here still as I remember him the most on DSB forums.

Remember i never got the chance to post on the forums in the past because of Hoch. He gave me a lifetime ban because you know he thought he was so brilliant that i responded at the time "shut the fuck up you dirty toothed brit." At the time i found the extremely comical and he used his nazi powers on me.

I am now 28 life is good, I am in love, I have a good career and I am going back to Hong Kong in the summer to teach again because I like to travel.

Subspace was and always be the best video game I have ever played. You guys were awesome to play with and I enjoyed my time. I am sure at times alot of people did not enjoy my trash talk and rash attitude. However it was all in good fun.

If somehow an app can be created out of subspace I think that the only way I would ever be back.

Hope all is well with you all, and it was nice to bring back this memory of a game I spent alot of time on.

CHEERS! :D

Tembest

Re: The King

Post by Tembest »

Nice you stopped by! Always fun to hear what people are up to these days.
I wish you the best of luck in life!

kemi

Post by kemi »

Hey Mustard, always great to see a familiar face here on the forums :)

But yes you're right - most of us began playing this game when we were like 14-16 or something and people are not 30+ with lives, careers and more :/

However, it is funny that a silly old game like this created such a tight community for that many years with people spread across the planet...

Good to hear things are going great! :)

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

Lol it's mus. Wazaaaa. Nice to hear that your life is going well! You should still try to pass by at weekends somehow. :/

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Always nice to see old players drop by!

I made a commitment, silly or not, that I would be here till the bitter end and that's what I'm going to do. Half the time I'm pretty much talking to myself! ;)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Detector

Post by Detector »

I made a commitment, silly or not, that I would be here till the bitter end and that's what I'm going to do.
Count me in Ssseth, count me in for that :)

kemi

Post by kemi »

Ssseth wrote:Always nice to see old players drop by!

I made a commitment, silly or not, that I would be here till the bitter end and that's what I'm going to do. Half the time I'm pretty much talking to myself! ;)
Not true there are a few people ;)

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

That's why I only said half the time :/
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein